View Poll Results: Which part of the world are you in and how do you feel about the Adult Diaper Industry and list if y

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm from the USA and rather the Adult Diaper market here.

11 14.10%
  • I'm from Europe or Australia and rather the Adult Diaper market here.

19 24.36%
  • I'm from outside the USA, Europe, and Australia and rather the Adult Diaper Market here.

1 1.28%
  • I'm from the USA and rather European or Austrailian Adult diaper market.

34 43.59%
  • I'm from Europe and rather the American adult diaper market.

3 3.85%
  • I'm from outside of the USA, Europe, Australia and rather Adult Diaper market elsewhere

2 2.56%
  • I'm unsure/undecided

8 10.26%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The International Diaper Debate.

Default The International Diaper Debate.

I have to say the diaper market in the USA is expensive with low quality. I don't see how a lot of you internatonal folks envy the US market. Even if adult diapers are more readily available here in the states, it still doesn't matter. The United States is full of cheap quality products. Depend, Medline, Prevail, First Quality, Kendall, are all cheaply made and are only made based on business needs, not a consumers need. I feel sorry for those incontinent people that are stuck with all of the supplies in this country. I've tried plenty of different brands of diapers. They all feel like a sheet of paper wrapped around you. They are all flimsy and require people to be changed quite often. The average cost for a pack of Depend is $15.00usd. Comes in 16 per pack. So its almost a $1.00usd per diaper. It's rather expensive as thin as they are and as little it absorbs, you will go through 4-6 diapers a day at least while on a normal diet. Some people have light incontinence and some have complete incontinence. While Depend calls there diaper "Maximum absorbancy" They hold less then Goodnites which is made by the same company. The cost of Depends gets high about $5.00 bucks a day $35.00 bucks a week $140.00 bucks a month... Compared to Abena X-Plus...You go through 3 changes a day. That costs about $1.10 per diaper. $3.30 a day, $22.10 per week, $88.40 per month. Yes we have Bambino/Secure X-plus but what non AB/DL would wear something with "Baby" written all over it. Also Abena and Tena are a way better are easily found in stores across Europe. I feel bad that Incontinent Americans are being treated like they are. Just so they can make a boatload more money. They make $5.00 bucks muliplied by the millions that use it every day!

Now I plead my case about it and would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    The average cost for a pack of Depend is $15.00usd. Comes in 16 per pack.
    I was in Walgreens today looking to see if they were having the clearance of the plastic backed Depends and they were around $18.00!! And I thought they were phasing them out. I dont know if they were 16 or 20 in them.
    And Yes, I don't like the US market and the fact that they only sell the cheap brands in stores.

I have to say the diaper market in the USA is expensive with low quality. I don't see how a lot of you internatonal folks envy the US market. Even if adult diapers are more readily available here in the states, it still doesn't matter. The United States is full of cheap quality products. Depend, Medline, Prevail, First Quality, Kendall, are all cheaply made and are only made based on business needs, not a consumers need. I feel sorry for those incontinent people that are stuck with all of the supplies in this country. I've tried plenty of different brands of diapers. They all feel like a sheet of paper wrapped around you. They are all flimsy and require people to be changed quite often. The average cost for a pack of Depend is $15.00usd. Comes in 16 per pack. So its almost a $1.00usd per diaper. It's rather expensive as thin as they are and as little it absorbs, you will go through 4-6 diapers a day at least while on a normal diet. Some people have light incontinence and some have complete incontinence. While Depend calls there diaper "Maximum absorbancy" They hold less then Goodnites which is made by the same company. The cost of Depends gets high about $5.00 bucks a day $35.00 bucks a week $140.00 bucks a month... Compared to Abena X-Plus...You go through 3 changes a day. That costs about $1.10 per diaper. $3.30 a day, $22.10 per week, $88.40 per month. Yes we have Bambino/Secure X-plus but what non AB/DL would wear something with "Baby" written all over it. Also Abena and Tena are a way better are easily found in stores across Europe. I feel bad that Incontinent Americans are being treated like they are. Just so they can make a boatload more money. They make $5.00 bucks muliplied by the millions that use it every day!

Now I plead my case about it and would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this issue.

You forget Bambino makes the Blanco diaper too, which removes the whole 'baby' printing on them.

On topic though, the US market does suck, I'll admit. From what I've been told, Depends are basically a sheet wrapped around you; no absorbency whatsoever, and anything after that is only marginally better. Bambinos seem to be the only good diaper made in the US market.

I'm undecided, I normally buy Abena which are European...but I do like Secure X-Plus and Attends. I guess I'm all over the map.

-Gus

That's exactly why I switched to cloth diapers. well, that, and the fact that I sweat so bad in disposables that I'd get horrible rashes from it. The only time I didn't get a rash was when I was bed ridden, because I was changed frequently as the disposables would leak otherwise.

The only decent diaper is a cloth diaper in my opinion.

the best ones are normally from Euroupe
    but in terms of availability it seems the u.s has a massive edge

well i'm glad i can fit into goodnites

Elli

Don't want to brag, but I can get a bus to a place that sells Tena Slip Maxi or order online. No complaints here!

Peachy

I can order any brand name diaper through any pharmacy in the country - all I need is the order number (7 digit number for medical products), so a stroll 50 meters down the road to the next pharmacy would do the trick. However, each pharmacy is independent and charges their own price, so it's hard to tell if you're lucky and get your diapers for cheap or pay a shitload of money for the priviledge of picking them up just down the road.

However, it takes guts to just walk into a pharmacy and talk to the pharmacist about ordering diapers. In that sense, Americans are lucky. They have the option of walking nonchalantly into a drug store, where they can take bag of diapers off the shelf and then head for the (self) checkout without anyone asking any questions.

Peachy

Australian diaper market is pretty crap.

We have Depend and Molicare Mobile in stores. Can't even really special order any other brand anywhere.

Need to go to a specialty store to get anything else, and even then the only other brands are Tena Slip (same as the Euro ones), Lille, Vlesi, Abena and Molicare. That's it.

No Attends. No Bambino. No anything else.

And they're super expensive. A 14 pack of Abena Medium Super Plus will set you back nearly $30.