Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support from family?

Default Support from family?

Just would like to know who supports you and how? Did you tell those close around you or do you keep it a secret?
    My wife is very supportive of me and humor usually helps us. She doesnt think of me any differantly than anyone else. My mother-in-law is incontinent and I get and give support from her. She has given me some great tips and got me past my initial humiliation of bedwetting (before I was a crying mess). I just told my mother and was suprised to find out that she was very understanding. She even went shopping with me and bought me a waterproff mattress protector, and more bed pads and offered to take me to a store in her town that specializes in medical supplies and diapers to help me stock up (I cant drive with all the meds I take). I will take her up on her offer when I go up there with my wife monday. This site is my main online support system and so far has helped me by leaps and bounds. I have been a member to other Incont. support sites but they are not as busy or helpful. Here I can surround myself with people that either have knowledge of what works and new ideas and people who are incont and have a little fun here. So share please

Also this is not just for IC's, but for everyone AB/DL/TB welcome!
    Last edited by Gizmoman; 12-Nov-2009 at 17:41. Reason: include ab/dl/tbs

Volcanic

my parents are pretty supportive. (and unsupportive at the same time) buying me diapers, helping me with it (its kinda hard to put actual diapers on yourself) , making me feel better (i feel kinda bad about it sometimes), that sort of thing.

Valence

Well I'd never ever ever tell anyone about my tbdl'ism in real life, but my stepdad is quite supportive about my bedwetting. Or at least, he seems to be :S

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
    my parents are pretty supportive. (and unsupportive at the same time) buying me diapers, helping me with it (its kinda hard to put actual diapers on yourself) , making me feel better (i feel kinda bad about it sometimes), that sort of thing.
    Well I am sorry to hear that you feel bad about it. I know I did at first and have come to the realization that this is part of my life and I have to make the best of it. My wife wont put them on me (or maybe I havent really asked her correctly) and its a bit tricky. I have a back injury and have to put them on laying down and it hurts my back to lift my butt in the air to make sure i get the sides tucked in. But keep your head up

Volcanic

its alright. dont always feel bad about it. i just get teased about it a little. most days im just like...whatever it could be worse. yeah putting them on youself is really tricky. im still useless at it lol and yeah i get it done laying down 2. it is part of my life. im used 2 it pretty much i'd just be better if it was a secret. but i plan to be out of diapers (at least in the day time) one day soon.

I told my mom about my TB/DL side recently, so far she has been very supportive. She didn't even think it was weird when I told her. We are still working things out, she said she had some questions about it but she hasn't ask me any yet. Hopfully soon she will and we will be over the ackward bump of my best stress reliever...

Volcanic

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    volcanic why can you not diaper yourself?
    probaly could with a lot of practise but i can never get it right

I told my sister when I was 13, she said she didnt mind and accepted me no matter what I did. She even went with me to buy diapers once and acted like it was no big deal, and I asked her if it felt odd, and she said "no, why would it?"

my mom... accepting, but not condoning. thats what she said, anyway.

stepdad thinks its wierd and I might need help, but f**k him.

dad doesn't know, thank god

brother has an idea, I loan him my iPod very often and I noticed "furries, diapers, and other sexual pervwsions" on the google search bar, and then the correct spelling as if he'd hit the "did you mean..." suggestion box. uh oh. whatever. he hasn't said anything

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    I told my mom about my TB/DL side recently, so far she has been very supportive. She didn't even think it was weird when I told her. We are still working things out, she said she had some questions about it but she hasn't ask me any yet. Hopfully soon she will and we will be over the ackward bump of my best stress reliever...
    Thats awesome that your mom is willing to understand! Props to you and your courage to tell her. Props to everyone who can talk to their family about who they are or what they are going through. I can't say that I know what its like to come out to your family as an ab/dl/tb but I imagine that It takes cojones because some people are not very understanding.