Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is making me want to punch my mother repeatedly.

Valence

Angry This is making me want to punch my mother repeatedly.

Just this morning, my mom told me she was sick and tired with my bedwetting and that it has tonight. As if I'm not already sick with it.
    This is what she has told me;
    She is going to remove my plastic sheet and quilt cover (oh because that'll help... not...) and I'm to stop taking Desmopressin at night (the very thing thats helping a lot recently ffs)
    And shes told me if I wet even one more night she'll take away my computer, or something similar.
    I'm getting extremely angry about this whole situation.

Well that sucks. If you can't help it then you can't help it. When I wet the bed my parents would get angry too, and they were all like "you're being lazy, just get up and go", and I was all like "yeah, because I totally would rather wet the bed then walk down the hallway in the middle of the night". I don't see how your mom thinks that taking away the plastic sheet, meds or computer will solve the problem for you man... not logic I can follow. But maybe you should try and talk to her about it or something. That's totally the typical ideal response I guess, but whatever, maybe it'll help.

What the fuck. Why the hell do parent punish there kids for this? You clearly have no control over it so why are you being punished?

You need to talk to her about it, ask here why shes taking away everything you need to lessen the mess when you obviously have no control over it at all. At this point I would be using a raised voice, no more calm 'lets talk about this'.

If she doesn't take it, try staying up all night. That might help your survival for one more day, other than that do everything to try and stop. But that isn't an ethical thing to do to a kid, she needs a good talking too.

I have only heard about this happening a couple times and honestly, it makes me want to attack the person who punishing. Mainly because I know how bad a situation like this can be, I had a 3rd person view from one.

I really hope this get fixed up for you soon, its a really terrible thing...

Well, for one, that sucks. I'm very sorry to hear about that. But, the good thing is that after taking away your computer, and the bed wetting continues, she'll (hopefully) realize it doesn't help to punish you for it. I know you have probably told her that you have no control over it, but it can't hurt to tell her again, especially after the taking away of your computer. Don't get too wrapped up around the axle about things you have no control over, and hang in there.

That makes so much sense.

Increase urine, remove protection, and punish you for it (all brilliant ideas by the way). It's almost as clever as some of the threads on here about running around in public wearing just a diaper, telling your doctor you're incontinent when you really aren't, or wanting to tell your parents about infantilism in hopes of them fulfilling your fantasies.

Valence

Thanks for the help everyone by the way and I would have described my situation in more detail but my psp only lets me post so much at one time.
    As I was GOING to end with;

It doesnt help that the doctor I saw a few weeks ago told my mom that punishments do work, its all MY fault this is happening and not to feel sorry for me, ect ect.

Ffs. Someone up high above must really despise me.

Edit: @ Sparky's post,
    MAEKS PORFECT SANSE DONT ET

Quote Originally Posted by Grapejuice View Post
    It doesnt help that the doctor I saw a few weeks ago told my mom that punishments do work, its all MY fault this is happening and not to feel sorry for me, ect ect.
    Wow. Fail doctor is fail.

*patpat* D:

:\

No more teasing me about your packets of drynites ..

But seriously, punishing you for a problem you can't help? What's wrong with her :s. She only needs to buy drynites, there's no other hassle involved is there? Man :\ this really is not fair..

Valence

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    :\

No more teasing me about your packets of drynites ..

But seriously, punishing you for a problem you can't help? What's wrong with her :s. She only needs to buy drynites, there's no other hassle involved is there? Man :\ this really is not fair..
    I know, right?...
    its just taking it too far.

And I can still tease you about the drynites because i have a full pack left yet xD

Quote Originally Posted by Grapejuice View Post
    I know, right?...
    its just taking it too far.

And I can still tease you about the drynites because i have a full pack left yet xD
    I've got about 10!