Thread: Hiding Smell ??

Default Hiding Smell ??

Hi all, I have mild to severe urge incontinence for both bladder and bowel and wear diapers 20/7. It doesn't happen very often, but when a #2 urge hits me I have a very short time to find a washroom, and depending on what I ate will make that time even shorter. But when I either can't make it to a washroom or all the stalls are full, and end up having an accident, what is the best way to minimize the smell from getting out? More Powder? Plastic pants over top? Tighter underwear? I usually wear bambinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussy View Post
    Hi all, I have mild to severe urge incontinence for both bladder and bowel and wear diapers 20/7.
    What happened to those other 4 hours in a day?

In serious note eat healthier.

I say 20/7, cause for a least 4 hours a day I at home and near enough to a washroom or I'm being affectionate to my wife, etc.... Now thats not saying that there are days that I'm not 24/7. And for the most part I do eat healthy, but it still doesn't fix the issue.

Elli

I've heard people talk about chlorophyl tablets, but I know nothing about them. Maybe google them and if it looks promising, speak to your doctor or go to the pharmacy. If you haven't already, you could get advice about what foods to eat more of or avoid, to make a difference.

I guess these ideas are about preventing the smell. The other ways would be containing the smell, as you have made suggestions for, and then masking it with another smell, maybe a subtle spray of a pocket-size deoderant can? Then again, that might also attract attention.

Default Odor

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    I've heard people talk about chlorophyl tablets, but I know nothing about them.
    Chlorophyll tablets are fairly effective, provided your stool is firm.

Chlorophyllin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Natural Brand™ Triple Chlorophyll - GNC NATURAL BRAND - GNC

Bismuth subgallate also works.

Bismuth subgallate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Devrom - Devrom Deodorant Tablets - Devrom Tablets - Allegro Medical Supplies

However, getting back to the first post, there is really no way to 'hide' the odor. You can reduce it certainly but you'll not eliminate or hide it.

Is anyone else wondering why his name is Aussy but his location is Canada?

You could always try carrying Axe or something and just spraying that to mask the smell. Don't know if that would actually work, but it sounds like it will.

Aussy = nickname, proud to be Canadian!

Question, what do I do with these tablets? Swallow them, put in diaper, sapository (sp?) ?

Also, as I asked before, would plastic pants over top a disposable work? And I think I read somewhere about powder absorbing some smell?

get a deodrant stick and spread it roun the leg gatherers befor putting it on works 4 me

Quote Originally Posted by Aussy View Post
    Question, what do I do with these tablets? Swallow them, put in diaper, suppository?

Also, as I asked before, would plastic pants over top a disposable work? And I think I read somewhere about powder absorbing some smell?
    Both the ones I listed are oral.

As for plastic pants, they won't really hide odour much more than without them. Baby powder will cover up some smell but it really doesn't absorb. Faecal odour is just darn tough to keep unobtrusive, even with very firm faeces, using the above pills and wearing a strong cologne there is always a slight twinge of smell. In a crowded place the odour might not be strong enough for those around you to figure out you have a 'load', but in more scarcely occupied places or where you're much closer together (elevators for example) it'll be noticeable.

Change your diet, don't eat a lot of red meat, stick to fish, rich and vegetables.

-Gus