Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The loudest speaker system on earth

Talking The loudest speaker system on earth

Me and my friends and a group of people <that includes some staff members!> from my school are working on a high end design for a car-audio subwoofer, we are going straight for maximum SPL humanly capable, we have a old school bus to work with <direct from transportation! ^.^>, we are going to bring this bad boy to a DB drag as soon as its done, only problem is tuning this badboy >.<

But anyway the design is to fit as many 18's possible into this bus, its a 22 seater, and its 6'5" hight in the inside, so we are building it 3 subs up < 3 in a line, Y axis> and 8 subs across <x axis> so its using the calculation of 3x8, which would be 24 <i think> and using this design two times < so theres one on the other side of the bus > and using the last 3 rows or so for the amps, and we all know how much power 48 Subwoofers will need to do maximum efficiency.

this may seem like an outrageously expensive setup, but the fun thing is im getting funded by the states audiophiles, a bunch of rich folk that like loud music, ^^, I'd imagine the 10 thousand allocated should be plenty ^^, anyway, the point of telling this to you is that I am very excited about being the dude who gets to tell people what to do ^.^ <in other words, I'm the leader of the group>

And also, this setup has been designed as horn enclosure as well, so the two pieces are going to meet up in a V, and at the base of the V it is going to be flat with big cutouts, it needs to super tune the box, the hard part is, im not sure how im going to get to the key tune signal with this many subs! I might build em, but I have no idea how to work with this many!

but anyway, the sub we are going with will be the 100-pounder known as the Kicker SoloX <or we are gonna go with Cerwin Vega 18" stroker pros>

this thing will probably reach SPLs up to 190DB, im quite sure 48 18"s can do it, if not, we can make a floor piece and load it with 18s too ^.^

~ Jake the fox with his hearing still ~
    Last edited by Jakethefox; 28-Mar-2008 at 02:57. Reason: spell check! lol

you've gotta take a video at the competition!
    I think you're going to blow out the windows in the bus... If not blow it up... Even better for the video

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethefox View Post
    48 Subwoofers
    That's all I needed to know...

Dear God! O_O

This is something I'd absolutely love to see!

Dude... you could tear down the Empire State building with all that firepower o.O

But isn't it quality > quality?

try overclocking a 2000w stock woofer.. then use that... =D You'd be kickin.

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    Dude... you could tear down the Empire State building with all that firepower o.O

But isn't it quality > quality?

try overclocking a 2000w stock woofer.. then use that... =D You'd be kickin.
    I thought it'd be quantity < quantity.

I'd so love to see that - but where'd you get all the money to afford all these subwoofers?

we are getting supplied by all sorts of Audiophile groups all over South Bend indiana, ^.^
    I cant wait until the group decides on final specs, but its set in stone with 48x18s ^.^

Jebus! the cost of the Kicker SoloX'es that we were going to use cost like 600 each! if you do the math it goes to like 27,000!!!!!!!!!! time to find another subwoofer to use, imma start looking into Fi BTL 18s

edit --
    I looked into Fi BTLs, 23,000! now for another look
    Last edited by Jakethefox; 28-Mar-2008 at 20:17. Reason: prices

Darkfinn

Meh... it's not about how many you have...

A friend of mine holds several world DB records. He has a Cobalt SS with 2 10's in the trunk... and the way it is set up it sounds like a stadium system.

If you want loudness, go for the Cerwin!-Vega's but I don't know if those are very cheap =/