Thread: Nvidia under $65 US.

Default Nvidia under $65 US.

Need a cheap card, with good cooling, FAST, and no lags for under $65, i do not game at all, just slight picture and video editing, and the card has to be NVIDIA, for it will mostly be used through Linux.

I prefer it to have:
    gddr3
    512mb-1gb
    under $65
    Pci Express x16
    good cooling, prefer it to have a quitish fan.
    at least one dvi&one d-sub or two dvi Both with svid out.

what would be the best? Thanks for your help!

I don't know any US sites for computer parts but were I get mine I got a GeForce 9500 GT for 100 bucks (now $65). Fanless, just a heatsink, PCI-e, 1gig ram, ect.

Try to find your locale computer parts site, you will probably find something in that range for photo/video editing. Easily under $65...

Or you could get this monstor...

Jokes.

PrisonerOfSociety

I found these cards, very good for the money. These cards here both have similar speeds and are exactly in your price range. They also both support 1GB of DDR2 RAM.

I'll come up with more video cards if you want, just ask.

This card needs a 400 watt power supply and a 12v rail. If you have both then get this one, it's quite nice!
    EVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Video Card - 1024MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, DVI, S-Video, VGA at TigerDirect.com

This card does not need a 400 watt power supply as far as I know and it does not need a 12v rail.
    Galaxy GeForce GT220 Video Card - 1024MB DDR2, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA at TigerDirect.com

Quote Originally Posted by PrisonerOfSociety View Post
    I found these cards, very good for the money. These cards here both have similar speeds and are exactly in your price range. They both also support 1GB of DDR2 and are PCIE 1.0 and 2.0 compatable.

I'll come up with more video cards if you want, just ask.

This card needs a 400 watt power supply and a 12v rail. If you have both then get this one, it's quite nice!
    EVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Video Card - 1024MB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, DVI, S-Video, VGA at TigerDirect.com

This card does not need a 400 watt power supply as far as I know and it does not need a 12v rail.
    Galaxy GeForce GT220 Video Card - 1024MB DDR2, PCI-Express 2.0, DVI, HDMI, VGA at TigerDirect.com
    Forgot to mention, but i prefer newegg lol, making a wish list for xmas.

Under $65? Ehh... the best I can do is a 9600GT or 9600GSO, and they're already over budget. You won't get a real performer for $65, sorry to say...

Quote Originally Posted by mm3 View Post
    Under $65? Ehh... the best I can do is a 9600GT or 9600GSO, and they're already over budget. You won't get a real performer for $65, sorry to say...
    QFT!

Yeah try 120$

pamperchu

If your doing photo and video editing, wouldn't you rather have a faster CPU.