Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can anyone find a plausible explination for this?

Default can anyone find a plausible explination for this?

Ok so for the past week since I have joined adisc I have found myself with no other ambition except to involve my self in the forums and IRC. And I am a little worried because I donít want my grades to slip further than they already are. I mean I have ADHD OOD and I am borderline bipolar so I have to tackle procrastination on a daily basis, but I am noticing a trend that can prove detrimental to my career plan for after graduation.

I have noticed this trend even before adisc but it wasn't as severe. Why do you guys think that I am showing sings of addiction to adisc? Could it be that I have finally found a community that accepts me and my lifestyle? Or could it be something else?

I really appreciate any help

It's normal to want to spend a large amount of time in a place that you're accepted. Other than that, you're a teenager, procrastinating is what we do. I could go into a long ramble about this and that, but I really don't think it's necessary.

It's not an addiction, just a distraction. I wouldn't worry about it at all, ADISC is a little more fun than homework.

PrisonerOfSociety

Yeah I agree with sparky, it's not an addiction, it's probably a distraction. I'm on here every day now since I registered and I'm always trying to find a topic to post in. I actually have strangely swapped out my gaming time for being on here! (I am totally addicted to gaming and have been for years.)

I don't feel like I'm addicted though, I'm just trying to come in here as much as I can so can talk to people who have the same thing in common with me!

Wow, this is exactly the same for me. I just realized that im practicly addicted to this site. Its not really a problem for me yet, but it sure has happened before. I see now that I havn't come one day without posting something here...

Im ADHD and very possibly bipolar (never been diagnosed but I believe that I am).

I am wondering the same things though; why am I addicted to this site? Then again, we both only been here for a month. It may just pass sooner or later...

EDIT: This caught my eye

I actually have strangely swapped out my gaming time for being on here! (I am totally addicted to gaming and have been for years.)
    ...Exactly... The... Same..

And after reading those posts, (I was typing at the same time they were posted) I agree with them. Probably not an addiction, just a distraction.

i'm not really saying i'm addicted to this sight, the reason i chose tu use that word is because it is the only word that came tom mind and it seemed to fit.

you're new... excited... and its just plain awesome at first. i do it quite a bit with new things. when i first found started up at adisc i was crazy involved. like, ispent almost all my time here. when i first started becoming active in the bdsm community in my city i was pretty obsessed... and thought about the next time i could play quite a bit. its natural.... but if its interfering with your life i'd suggest doing something about it now. maybe something like for every hour of homework/studying you get an hour of time on adisc. it takes some self-discipline but you need to keep in mind your priorities. =)

Dude, check me out. One week in and 60 posts deep. Not saying quantity means anything special, just hope that shows you that people spend time on here. Personally, I justify it by switching between jamming and posting at the same time. Anyways, like the loverly folks have said, it's good to hang out in a place you're accepted, and it's understandable to like it here. If you recognize that it's really messing with your real life, then maybe you should pull back, but if you're just getting into it then whatever. I dunno, you have to decide what's a healthy amount of time on line for yourself, and if you ever see it as negative then you should do something about it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    I'm ADHD and very possibly bipolar (never been diagnosed but I believe that I am).
    First off, I don't believe in the number of people being "ADD" or "ADHD" A lot of people, I'm sure, have or have had difficulty focusing in school or being disruptive in class. It's just another label (however, I'm not saying that there are some true cases). I too have/had "ADD" and I'd have to say 90% of my friends and family were recommended to take medication for it at some point in their lives.

About the whole bipolar thing, I think all teens are at some point. Hell, my mood used to go from ecstatic to a depression in minutes. Hormones... crazy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BabySparky View Post
    First off, I don't believe in the number of people being "ADD" or "ADHD" A lot of people, I'm sure, have or have had difficulty focusing in school or being disruptive in class. It's just another label (however, I'm not saying that there are some true cases). I too have/had "ADD" and I'd have to say 90% of my friends and family were recommended to take medication for it at some point in their lives.

About the whole bipolar thing, I think all teens are at some point. Hell, my mood used to go from ecstatic to a depression in minutes. Hormones... crazy shit.
    But that was serious... like pills time serious... The pills didn't work, they fucked me up even more, I nearly commited suicide. But I guess your right about the bipolar thing...

PrisonerOfSociety

Quote Originally Posted by BabySparky View Post

Yep, I completely agree with you again.

Sometimes I think I have "ADD", I was told by a teacher that I had "ADD". As sparky has said, most people do have "ADD" but it seems that there are allot of people who for lack of better words "grow out of it".

As for being bipolar, this is how I am some times, one moment I'm cool, the next moment I'm depressed then I'm happy then some times I'm sad, then I want to kill my self (lol I'm pathetic), etc. Being bipolar is a real thing but allot of teenagers have pretty weird mood swings.