Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for something

Question Looking for something

I am not an AB/DL but an IC but I bet someone here might be able to help me with this. I have a severe oral fixation ie i need snuff, cigarettes, suckers, gum anything in my mouth. My wife has even told me that I suck my thumb at night sometimes. Well my question really would be what can I use thats like a pacifier but not a pacifier to keep my fixation at bay?

What you listed is great but it sounds like you want something at night that doesn't resemble... babyish things. My advice would be a retainer or mouth guard, may not be the best of things, but discreet in the sense your looking for.

That I can try i just dont want to choke on it. Seriously they need to make a pacifier for grownups. Well something like a pacifier. Right now I have a plastic braclet that I recieved from the hospital that I chew, suck on.

I say stick with the gum. Unless your chewing a pack a day your not really going to spend that much money on it.

I got the same problem, man. I usually end up chewing on my sleeve, gum, or even a toy.

I'd say stick with the gum. It keeps food cravings away too! Win/win in my situation.

sucking/chewing or smoking anything all the time seems like it could caused problems for your teeth. I say try and break the habit/need a little at a time. Pacifiers can cause adult teeth to shift somewhat anyhow, hence why it can hurt sometimes.

So just try and do it less and less often.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoman View Post
    That I can try i just dont want to choke on it. Seriously they need to make a pacifier for grownups. Well something like a pacifier. Right now I have a plastic braclet that I recieved from the hospital that I chew, suck on.
    You could always try an NUK 5, which is pretty much a pacifier for adults.

Well I might look into it. Just to see what it is. I chew my shirt sleeves aswell. NUK 5 is that the proper name?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoman View Post
    Well I might look into it. Just to see what it is. I chew my shirt sleeves aswell. NUK 5 is that the proper name?
    I think the proper name is NUK Medic Pro Pacifier, Large size. There's usually a few up for grabs on ebay, and there are quite a few posts on here about other places to get hold of them as well.

MY younger brother used to chain smoke and to get off it he started useing wood tooth picks to chew on while he went about his day.

One day I gave him a pack of brush pix, they are plastic tooth pix, it kept him from chewing on the wood picks, and helped him kick cigarettes.

These would be dangerous at night but good for day use, got them at walmart in the tooth paste isle.