Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here a gun nut like me?

Question Anyone here a gun nut like me?

Anybody here like guns, for targetshooting, hunting, home protection? If you do share what you are packin! I will start I own a remington 12ga shotgun loaded with birdshot for home defense. I also own a Glock 26 9mm loaded with 115g +p corbon DPX hollowpoints as back up as well as a secondary mag with 147g federal hydrashock jhp. And I have a Taurus PT25 .25 acp for plinking at the range. My wife packs a Cobra CA380 .380 acp with 95g fmj in her purse. We are big believers in gun rights and gun ownership. We go to the range at least once a month. Tell us about your guns

I don't have any guns, don't really want any either, but what I do have is a question, and that is why do you like guns so much? I'm not some kind of hippie protesting anti gun rights in the states, I just wasn't raised with the kind of mentality where guns would have any immediate bearing in my life (unless someone decided to shoot me I guess). I'm just kinda curious. Like, I understand why a hunter owns a rifle, but why own a hand gun or something like that?

Not really a gun "nut" but there's a few around my house... 5 .22's from different manufacturers, New England Firearms 20 GA, couple old single shot 12 GA's, A Mossberg bolt action 16 GA (blast to shoot), Savage bolt action .30-.30, and a British Enfield .303

Slang, I personally can't speak for hand gun owners, but firearms are something that can be passed down through your family for generations, will always hold their value, and are fun to go the range with which makes it a fun hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Slang View Post
    I don't have any guns, don't really want any either, but what I do have is a question, and that is why do you like guns so much? I'm not some kind of hippie protesting anti gun rights in the states, I just wasn't raised with the kind of mentality where guns would have any immediate bearing in my life (unless someone decided to shoot me I guess). I'm just kinda curious. Like, I understand why a hunter owns a rifle, but why own a hand gun or something like that?
    Well its a hobby of mine and my wifes. I grew up around guns in a safe way. I was in the military. I needed to carry one for a job I had. And after a couple of close calls with violence (Someone tried to carjack me, and someone came trying to break into my apartment at night). So therefore we also believe we will not be victims. I dont conceal carry though. Besides going to the range and putting lead into paper targets is a great feeling and big stress reliever.

Alright, that's cool I guess. I don't totally understand the mentality, but I've never really exposed to any kind or situation where I would ever use a gun. I think there's a lot of negative apsects to guns, cause, ya know, getting shot by someone sucks, but not everybody that owns a gun is some blood thirsty maniac. If it's something you just do for kicks, that's pretty cool. Thanks for explaining man.

PrisonerOfSociety

I'm a huge military fanatic so naturally I'm going to love weapons. I know some may think I'm crazy but it's just something I've always been interested in.

I personally don't own a real gun, YET. I am planning on buying a Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk I by Savage Arms for reenactment, target shooting, collecting, hunting, etc. I would like to see IF I can get a Bren Mk I LMG and a Sten Mk II SMG (Canadian). Full-autos aren't that easy to get because of their nature, but we do have a bunch of reenactors that use the real guns, full-auto with blanks and also use them down at the range with live ammo too, some even hunt with their Enfields.

Right now I own a M4A1 with a homemade silencer that works and sling. It's not the real thing, it's just a paintball gun, it is considered a replica firearm here though. I haven't added any mods to the gun but I would like to put some picatinny rails on the top and bottom of the handguard, even one on my carry handle sight to add on some goodies. I can do single shot, burst fire and full-auto. It was not cheap, I had to pay $250 for it, that's like buying a real gun. Unlike the unrealistic paintball guns out there this one is almost impossible to use with one hand, she's a heavy beast, it's overall length is 42 1/2 inches with the stock fully extended and the silencer on. I could make it longer if I put on a 16" barrel but it's long enough for me at the moment.

I used to have airsofts! I love them and still do. I just want to know where my mom packed them away though. I had a lot. My favorite was my replica Glock 27 with the gas blowback system. That was intense!

*Raises Hand* Yep, confirmed gun nut here. I didn't grow up with them, but I go like them and I do own a couple, though not as many as I'd like, for some reason guns are expensive... who knew? Also I'm working on getting my concealed carry permit, but New York is not exactly a gun friendly state so that might take a while. Honestly, it would probably be easier just to move across the lake to Vermont instead.

Also, I'm a card carrying NRA member and I will be until the day I die. Charlton Heston said it best only way you'll take my guns is "From My Cold, Dead HANDS!!!" On another note though, having guns did prevent a burglarly once. It was a few years ago and I was in college living in an off campus apartment with a few friends and some people tried breaking in. Luckily one of my housemates, who is also a gun nut heard this. He grabbed his shotgun, opened the door, and all he had to do was pull back on the action, making that unmistakable cha-chunk sound and they went running.

I agree on the expensive nature of guns and not owning a lot. But a large collection comes in time. Its true what is said about scatter guns, rack the pump and someone is bound to drop a biscuit in their pants!

As ADISC's rap gangsta, I unfortuately do not own or have used a Gat. I can see myself using one someday.