Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my braces off.....

Default Got my braces off.....

Yeah, today was supposed to be a very good day for me, but well, my dad ruined it, and i really need a place to vent so here is the story.

I was told about 2 weeks ago at the Orthodontist, i was getting my braces off. It was pretty great.

My dad woke me up this morning, about 6:30, and told me we didn't have to be there for my appointment until 8:45, he told me to go back and to sleep, and get up "when I wanted to."

At about 7:15, he comes back in and i'm playing Tetris on my iPhone, he starts yelling at me asking, "WHY ARE YOU NOT UP YET!?!?!?", I calmly tell him that I was going to wait a bit longer since the appointment is almost an hour and 30 mins ahead of time. He tells me, "YOUR A PIECE OF SHIT, YOU LAZY ASS, ALL YOU DO IS GET ON THAT DAMN PHONE OF YOURS AND TEXT ALL THE TIME, GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THE BED, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?!?! I DID NOT THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE BUT I HATE MY OWN SON!"

(Not really annoyed by this it's normal for me)

I get up wondering, well, what the hell i've done, and walk into the bathroom and take a shower. I get out and get dressed, by that time it's 7:53.

This is how the conversation goes:

Me: "I'm ready to go"
    Dad: "I told you we were leaving at 15 till'" (He never even said that)

Me: "Sorry..."

Dad: "I am not taking you... I hope they give you another appointment"

Me: "WHAT! I've waited on this forever, WHY!"

Dad: "Your a lazy ass scum bag"

By then I'm really pissed, so i run up to my room and try to calm myself down, i get really upset.

My dad of course follows me in my room...

Dad: "You going back to sleep?"

Me: "PLEASE JUST BRING ME I BEEN WAITING TO GET MY BRACES OFF FOREVER!!!"

Dad: "No... We are doing things my way."

After 20 minutes of fighting, I finally talk him into letting me go.

I go in the orthodontist teary eyed and extremely upset, I go in get my braces off, it cheers me up! I walk out and smiling at my dad...

Dad: "Are we done here?"

Me: "Uhm.. Yeah... watever.."

We were quiet all the way home, he never even mentioned my new smile....

Do you think I was out of line, did i do anything? I really don't think so, but who knows....

He successfully ruined this whole day for me, i have a new smile, and i cant even enjoy it, because i'm too upset...

Dude... that's super tough stuff. You shouldn't have to deal with anybody treating you like that, especially your own Dad. He can't talk to you like that man. It seems there's something pretty messed up going on there, maybe you should talk to him about it. Like, I know you said him acting that way is normal, but that doesn't make it alright. Talk to him, and if that doesn't work, talk to someone who can do something about it. I know that's way easier said than done, and there's no way I could fairly put myself in your place to understand it, but man, having to put up with that sucks.

Cool that you got you're braces off though.

Peachy

Promise me you won't follow into your dad's footsteps, treating people that way?! Please?!

Peachy

What the hell? If you're not exaggerating at all, then something is wrong with your dad.

Let it all pass behind you, the most important thing to you was to get your braces off and you got that done, look forward to the day when your outta there, and you can have a life of your own.

Good Luck and I bet your smile is great.......

Wtf is it with people having asshole fathers? It seems to be everywhere these days.

James, I had a Dad just like yours. He cannot, and I strictly say, CANNOT treat you like that. He may be just a jackass now, but if you let him treat you that way, he will most likely take advantage of you and begin to cause you physical harm. Talk to him about it when he's calm. Not sure about what to say besides that...but if he's hurting you physically in ANY way, tell a school counselor or an authority figure. They will make sure that he gets what he deserves.

This is one of those situations where I really do find it acceptable to bring the law in on your side. If your dad is really abusing you like that, then you need to let him know that what he is doing is wrong; either through flat out saying it or getting someone else to say it. Recording your conversations will help. That's just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity' View Post
    This is one of those situations where I really do find it acceptable to bring the law in on your side. If your dad is really abusing you like that, then you need to let him know that what he is doing is wrong; either through flat out saying it or getting someone else to say it. Recording your conversations will help. That's just asinine.
    I second this.

And you say that this behaviour is regular? My god, you really need to tell someone. No one should be treated that way, ever. The recorded conversations could be used as leverage later on, so hold onto those but don't let our dad know about them.

Cool that you got your braces off though, I have been in that boat before so I know how great it is. Except after I had to wear an appliance for 4 years, that was a relief to get off. 'Cause everything gets stuck in them and its next to impossible to remove, plus stuff gets swollen and basicly wraps around the appliance.

But yeah, really tell someone. You really need some help there, I hope it works out okay for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    What the hell? If you're not exaggerating at all, then something is wrong with your dad.
    I second that. If everything you said is true, then your dad is fuc'd up.