Thread: I have the ability

Default I have the ability

To possibly invite a girl over to hang out with me and some of my friends. I had asked her one of my random questions, which was "What is your favorite board game"? she replied Chess and scrabble"

So I told her I love those too, I challenge you to a face off and she said "you're on"

Would it be a good idea to invite her over to play scrabble or chess is basically my question? Keep in mind we are both 17. Is this a good idea, or does it seem to "childish"? Or just plain boring? Or setting myself up for a short hang time?

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me! Scrabble and chess are both games, but they're games of intellect and smart...ness.... So, no, it won't be childish! It's not like you're asking her to play Candyland! :tongue:

Dude...I'm going to be honest here. Why do you keep bringing your relationship problems and questions to a diaper forum? I know we talk about stuff other than diapers, but still. It just seems every time you have some relationship quip that you decide to make a thread about it. Why don't you just do what you think is right. Worst case scenario, she says 'no', and you feel like an ass for a short while.

I wouldn't call this a problem per-say, it is more of an open opinion. I would like to know if this is a good idea to do. And what the possible problems I may run into may be.

Just. Do. It.

But don't just do that. Have something planned for after the game.

...Yeah. Sorry, that just got in to my mind and needed to be vented when I saw the title of the thread. Can't help being a child of the nineties.

Anyhoo, if you want to ask this girl to play chess with you, then ask this girl to play chess with you. Not everything has to be part of a strategy or analysed from every angle for potential success and risk factor and it's sometimes fine - indeed it's healthy - to just makes things up as you go from time to time. If she says 'yes' and you do play and you enjoy each other's company then you'll probably arrive organically at something else to do when the game is over so don't worry about 'short hang time', if she says 'no thanks', so what? Just go for it. I dare say you'll find life more enjoyable if you embrace that idea now and then.

Also, if you do play chess, remember how useful castling can be. Not enough people make good use of castling.

Yeah, Jaiden's got it right, don't overthink it. You like girl. You both like chess. Looks like an all-upside evening unless you try to make it something its not. Have fun, if it goes somewhere all the better.

I'd say go for it!
    By the sounds of your other threads, this opportunity isn't going to present itself too often. Have fun, and don't worry about what to do afterwards (and definitely don't get grumpy if she beats you!) something will come up for you both to do, and if you have a plan, she might want to do something else anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post

...Yeah. Sorry, that just got in to my mind and needed to be vented when I saw the title of the thread. Can't help being a child of the nineties.

Anyhoo, if you want to ask this girl to play chess with you, then ask this girl to play chess with you. Not everything has to be part of a strategy or analysed from every angle for potential success and risk factor and it's sometimes fine - indeed it's healthy - to just makes things up as you go from time to time. If she says 'yes' and you do play and you enjoy each other's company then you'll probably arrive organically at something else to do when the game is over so don't worry about 'short hang time', if she says 'no thanks', so what? Just go for it. I dare say you'll find life more enjoyable if you embrace that idea now and then.

Also, if you do play chess, remember how useful castling can be. Not enough people make good use of castling.
    I love how you tagged this on at the end of the post, it's good advice, however any slightly decent player would know that.
    The value of pawns is what most people forget, and hardly any know the 'en passant' rule.

Hey its a start, romance dosn't happen like it does on TV, you need to find something that works for you, and with this girl that sounds like a good plan.

I love scrabble and chess too. I know a lot of people around your age who likes to play those sort of board games also you could have some snacks maybe but remember just have a good time.