Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ocd

Default Ocd

Anybody here have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
    BTW It does not count if you have days where you quote OCD on something, REAL OCD is something that sticks with you all day every day and makes you have super anxiety, it's not fun

Possibly, as a co-existing condition of AS. It's been thrown around many times, but never a formal diagnosis of OCD.

I might have OCD, in combination with my Sensory Processing Disorder. It was looked into pretty thoroughly when I was a child. No diagnosis yet though. I still wash my hands a ton of times each day and need to get everything 'just right.' I've always had a ton of anxieties, but that could be a general anxiety disorder instead. You're right though, it does blow; anxiety/depression and the bunch.

Anyhow, welcome to ADISC . Do you have any other hobbies or interests besides diapers? (ps, you should probably include that in your intro message)

There are diff types of OCD and the WASHING stage is gone from me but I still do plenty of things, my OCD is mostly in my mind when I constantly think about things and obess on anything

I believe I am if I reflect on my behaviors.

I don't have real OCD, but I have the obsessive thinking (it's gotten better over the last few years). I had other OCD as a kid. I was afraid of dirt and getting dirty, sweat, I was very obsessed with cleaning and I had to clean and everything had to be perfect or I can't do anything else. I also had to shower every night and if I had to skip it, it was a nightmare.

So my OCD pretty much went away on it's own. Thank god, it drove me crazy.

Well, I do have an official diagnosis of OCD, however I like to think I'm well on the road of recovery. I now eat like a normal person (mostly) and only flip out occasionally at my new incredibly messy flatmates. Had I lived with the people I do now, say 5 years ago I think I might have either worked myself to the ground cleaning up after them or had a massive breakdown and been admitted to hospital.

When I was about 8/9 I saw a psych-person (-ologist/-otherapist/-iatrist) to help me learn to eat better, because I couldn't eat food that was mixed. So no sandwiches, just plain bread, and plain pasta (not even any oil in it) or one type of fruit a day. Of course this wasn't very healthy and had a lot of side effects. But I'm mainly better now

Well I have not gotten close to a mental breakdown but my OCD has gotten easier to manage over the years but I'm 20 almost 21 and it is still not gone so I think it will prob be with me forever

I don't know where in the OCD spectrum it would fall, but for some reason every time I feel overwhelmed or out of control I start methodically cleaning the whole house. Kitchen is first always, and the most anal retentive. Somehow returning things to order allows me to chill out. This usually takes a good bit of provocation or feeling trapped in a situation in which I have little or no control. I guess I feel like I can control my world if even just the immediate physical world for a short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyjeff View Post
    I don't know where in the OCD spectrum it would fall, but for some reason every time I feel overwhelmed or out of control I start methodically cleaning the whole house. Kitchen is first always, and the most anal retentive. Somehow returning things to order allows me to chill out. This usually takes a good bit of provocation or feeling trapped in a situation in which I have little or no control. I guess I feel like I can control my world if even just the immediate physical world for a short period of time.
    I feel ya on this one! Everytime I get upset I go on a massive cleaning spree! Sometimes I think my flatmates just take advantage of me and provoke me into doing it though!