Thread: motion sensors

Default motion sensors

do any of you guys know if a motion sensor from a 110 volt light will work on 12 volts one of my friends wants a motion light on his feeder to light up the pigs at night
    don't say get an extension cord because it is out in the middle of the woods

Quote Originally Posted by audio file View Post
    do any of you guys know if a motion sensor from a 110 volt light will work on 12 volts one of my friends wants a motion light on his feeder to light up the pigs at night
    You should be able to get a transformer that will do the conversion. Indeed, you can get boxes that plug into a cigarette lighter (for a vehicle 12V system) on the one end, and have a 120VAC outlet on the other.

They sell battery powered LED motion detectioning lights at the local Stop & Shop for $11.00.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    They sell battery powered LED motion detectioning lights at the local Stop & Shop for $11.00.
    LEDs are bright and energy-efficient.

I think we're done. $11 is a smoking deal.

solar is not an option either and we don't want LED's because we really need to light up an area to see the pigs not just a spot
    oh yea we don't want to use an inverter either we just want to hook up a battery

Quote Originally Posted by audio file View Post
    To answer your question, no a 110 light will not work on 12 volts. And I'm an electrician...

Just curiuos, why the hell do you want to light up the feeder so pigs can see?
    You know pigs can see in the dark better than we can, how do you think they eat in the wild?