Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Decline of briefs in today's society.

Default Decline of briefs in today's society.

Why do you think briefs have declined so much in modern American society? I mean, IMO, they are very comfotable, and why is the fact that they are usually white so horrible? Why are people are so put off by something that looks like diapers? (even sadder) Are they just insecure about themselves?

I personally prefer briefs, but not white ones. Why? White ones go off colour over time. Same with white boxers, but they aren't half as common. Also I have a problem with a little leakage, which is invisible on darker colours, but on white it practically looks like I've wet myself. Apparently this is quite common.

My opinion as to why briefs in general have declined here, they are associated with two groups: Gay peole and children. I know for me, my dad pushed boxers as part of growing up: Diapers -> Pullups -> Briefs -> Boxers. As for their association with being gay, society is still quite homophobic, whether it will admit it or not. The use of "gay" as a casual insult highlights this. So most people are embarassed to be associated with either of these two groups.

Then some people just do find boxers more comfortable.
    Last edited by Hex; 02-Nov-2009 at 23:05. Reason: Damn spell checker. Is it checking AGAINST proper spelling?

Yea, the white part I understand. I wear briefs when I don't have gym, but I wear boxer briefs when I do. People who do wear briefs seem to be teased behind their backs. I don't think people should be teased about underwear. It's just a clothing article after all. I am curious as to why these people who make fun of those who wear briefs care at all.

Things change. When I was young, it was the other way around. Kids in boxers during gym class were extremely rare and when they did turn up, they were taunted for having "old man" underwear. In twenty years, it'll be something else.

I'm an old man and I wouldn't wear old man boxers, I wore boxers as a kid because that is what I was givin, but after I started buying my own at 15 or so, I only bought breifs and still do.

AByHeaven

There's 3 main factors that drive the world into this matter.

1) Stupid Environmentalists and Anti-Pollution Laws
    2) Too Many Complaining about the embarrassing crinkley sounds of the original disposable plastic
    and 3) The Cost of Diapers within todays current market value

Honestly though....I seriously doubt that plastic backed briefs will completely dissappear. Possibly maybe go into only online and pharmacy purchase maybe...but not likely. Alot of the bigger companies such as Kimberly-Clark (Depends) and Hartmann (Molicare) are very aware that there are many Adult Babies, Diaper Lovers, Seniors, Incontinent People, and Parents with Older Children that need to be Kept in diapers at all times. You might not find much info on the AB/DL stuff on their sites though but they are aware of us. I've talked to someone in Kimberly-Clark myself and they acknowledged it too. Also on top of this there are way too many ABys/DLs etc and there are many other companies that cater to us so they will always provide to us. Perhaps the big ones may eventually not offer but the ones that cater to us still will so I am certain the breif/full diaper will not totally dissappear...

Quote Originally Posted by AByHeaven View Post

2) Too Many Complaining about the embarrassing crinkley sounds of the original disposable plastic

Honestly though....I seriously doubt that plastic backed briefs will completely dissappear. Possibly maybe go into only online and pharmacy purchase maybe...but not likely. Alot of the bigger companies such as Kimberly-Clark (Depends) and Hartmann (Molicare) are very aware that there are many Adult Babies, Diaper Lovers, Seniors, Incontinent People, and Parents with Older Children that need to be Kept in diapers at all times. You might not find much info on the AB/DL stuff on their sites though but they are aware of us. I've talked to someone in Kimberly-Clark myself and they acknowledged it too. Also on top of this there are way too many ABys/DLs etc and there are many other companies that cater to us so they will always provide to us. Perhaps the big ones may eventually not offer but the ones that cater to us still will so I am certain the breif/full diaper will not totally dissappear...
    Dude...we're talking about normal underwear here. Like...y'know...tighty whiteys.

Anyway....I don't think us girls don't like our guys in briefs a lot. That might be another reason for the decline. Boxer briefs are hot, though...

Quote Originally Posted by AByHeaven View Post

Um... He was talking about non-absorbent underwear. Not diapers.

EDIT: DANG YOU NEI.

And I dunno, I like boxers on a guy more than briefs. Just my personal preference. Nei could be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Nei could be on to something.
    Aren't I always? *puts on robe and wizard hat*