Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Desiccant Gel

Default Desiccant Gel

If u could use desicant miced with gel stuff in the other diapers it should makd it incrediably more absorbant since desicant is super avsorbent u would have to grind up the desicant beads tho so they would absorb faster

Valence

Good idea, whats desicant? :P

it is an absorbant thatt pulls moisture out of the air also used in ac systems to keep water out of the system it is in those silicone packets in beef jerkey and shoes that says do not eat those thing will get the size of a marbel to a golfball when put in liquid

Quote Originally Posted by abmastermind View Post
    it is an absorbant thatt pulls moisture out of the air also used in ac systems to keep water out of the system it is in those silicone packets in beef jerkey and shoes that says do not eat those thing will get the size of a marbel to a golfball when put in liquid
    I think I know what you mean. I think I have one of those around and I will try it out.

.... I do! Little yellowish beads! Im going to try it...

UPDATE: Thats cool... Good idea! Can you buy this stuff from stores? I think this would be handy.

not sure if u can just buy it at the wal-mart but u could prolly order it online somewhere i got the ide in my ac class today when our instructor was talkin about the stuff and it hit me

Are they like those silica packet things you find in like shoe boxes?

You shouldn't do that. Diapers use a different kind of dessicant. What you are planning to use is commonly used to keep dry materials (eg. medicine, beef jerky, dry-perishables, and the like) dry. It is also why they are in those packets that protect you from skin contact. In other words:
    DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE SILICA GEL IN A DIAPER! DOING SO CAN CAUSE SKIN IRRITATION DUE TO DESSICATION.

MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)

Definition of "dessicant": noun; a material that removes water.