Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boosters & Pads / Stuffers

Default Boosters & Pads / Stuffers

So, do you guys put "boosters" in your diapers, or something similar? In the past I rarely did, as my preference was for thinner diapers at the time. But, as my interest has shifted to thicker diapers, I gave them a try again and order a pack from XP Medical. They're the big Abena ones (Abri-let maxi?) that are basically the whole width and length of the diaper. I gave them a try and am kinda digging the results.

How about you guys?

I use washable microfiber towels, they help spread the wetness and help quite abit with capacity, and they are reuseable, plus on a nice day after washing they dry in a few min, outdoors on the line.

Yeah, I've done that a lot actually. The Abri-let Maxi are awesome boosters, though even the depend boost aren't all that bad, so I get those sometimes because they are easy to get.

I have tried the Depends Boost, and they were ok, but, for the money, using a huggies overnight sz.6 is the best stuffer I've found. The capacity is awesome, and since they use alot of SAP it swells impressively. I will try the Bambino Quadro (and the Bianco diapers) as soon as I get the extra money to blow.

I use Tranquility Contour boosters and Depend boosters. Both are pretty good products. They can make any diaper a good diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by chevre View Post
    So, do you guys put "boosters" in your diapers, or something similar? In the past I rarely did, as my preference was for thinner diapers at the time. But, as my interest has shifted to thicker diapers, I gave them a try again and order a pack from XP Medical. They're the big Abena ones (Abri-let maxi?) that are basically the whole width and length of the diaper. I gave them a try and am kinda digging the results.

How about you guys?
    Absolutely! I use the same ones (Abri-let Maxi) inside an Abena Abri-Form X-Plus, I also order a pack of the Abri-let Normal booster, which are the smaller ones. I put a Maxi in, and then a normal right in the center, add lots of baby powder and diaper up best setup ever...it can hold like 7 soakings without leaking! Love it.

-Gus

I have tried most of the different boosters before! I find that the Abri-let Maxi (thicker then the diaper itself), is waaaaay overkill, and is actually so big in a size medium diaper, that it defeats the purpose of the leak guards, causeing the urine to just run right out the side. If you wear a larger size diaper, then the Abri-let Maxi might work better, but I have not had any luck with it in size med. The smaller Abri-let boosters seem to work better for me.
    Same thing with the Tranquility booster, the Contour booster (there biggest one) is way to big for a med. diaper, but there other boosters seem to work much better.
    Depends boosters are okay
    The Attends boosters are a joke, each booster is about as thick as a sheet of paper, and about just as absorbent. The medline boosters are not much better, same thing with the Dignity boosters
    The best ones (for me) seem to be the Abena normal, or the Tranquility regular

All I use are Depends-like boosters. They're okay, but I would like to try some of those Abri ones.

I've used and enjoyed dignity and depends boosters. I like to sandwich the boosters between two diapers. I basically get diapered and tear the plastic from butt to belley so that the diaper will leak. I then put on another diaper over the first, inserting the booster. I then load up with powder and put on my plastic pants. The combination of double diaper and booster makes for a hi performance diaper that is comfortably thick in the crotch. This is the most effective overnight diaper I've ever worn. You can experiment with different combinations of diapers and have some fun.

Another thought: Tena makes a superb overnight pad that is hourglass shaped. It makes a great booster, but you need to tear the plastic backing before putting it in your diaper. They fit quite nicely between the leak guards of most diapers that have them. They make depends diapers respectably thick and absorbant!