Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd one out

Default Odd one out

I bought a pack of Tena Slip Maxi Medium nappies recently, and they are excellent quality (been using them for years). Today I pulled out the 3rd or 4th one out of the packet and went to put it on. Much to my surprise, the fit was terrible. The wings were much shorter than usual which resulted in much less overlap on each side. I was just barely able to get the tapes to reach. Anyone had a similar experience??

yes, as with everything, you will run into some defective ones every now and then. The cheaper the diapers, the more chance of defects. I once bought a case of Wings diapers, and the whole darn case was defective, as the padding was off center with the backing, and it caused the padding to stick out the one side of the leg, making them useless. I complained and got my money back, and I still have the case sitting here, as I guess I will save them if I go broke, use up all my other stock, and become desprate

What do you expect with cheapness? Tenas are probably manufactured by the millions and of course they would be defective. Their audience is predominately senior citizens who really don't care. Do you use any other brands?

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    What do you expect with cheapness? Tenas are probably manufactured by the millions and of course they would be defective. Their audience is predominately senior citizens who really don't care. Do you use any other brands?
    Actually mate I've used Molicares, Kendall Lille, Abriform, Vlesi, Contifit, Depends, ID Slip and Euro Form. From over ten years of use I'd say Tena produce some of the best nappies available on the market. I'd like to point out that here in Australia we get the European Tena varieties, which I hear are far superior to the ones available in the US. Subsequently, they are not at all cheap.

I've had nappies with misplaced padding, missing tapes, hard glue between the padding and outer plastic but never had any problems with Tenas before. I just found it strange to have such short wings on only one nappy. Especially seeing as the tapes were attached as normal.

Elli

That is unusal. I use the same type of Tena slip nappies and I agree, they are the best quality and fit I've found so far.

Quote Originally Posted by nappies4fun View Post
    never had any problems with Tenas before. I just found it strange to have such short wings on only one nappy. Especially seeing as the tapes were attached as normal.
    i'm wondering if a stray smaller size may have got into the pack?
    it'd be easy to happen at the end of a shift when the messed up stuff gets reworked or repacked and people are to-ing and fro-ing.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    i'm wondering if a stray smaller size may have got into the pack?
    it'd be easy to happen at the end of a shift when the messed up stuff gets reworked or repacked and people are to-ing and fro-ing.
    That's exactly what I thought to begin with, however when I checked the front panel it had the M circled on the front meaning it was a medium. It seems the rest of the pack is fine. It must have indeed been a manufacturer's fault.

Using Abenas, my biggest problems have been, typically, folds right on the tapes. It sometimes folds them up and prevents them from sticking properly. And if it's on the Air, FORGET a proper stick!

I once got a pack of XL goodnites and I pulled out one that did not even fit because the sides were way shorter than normal. I was pretty pissed to say the least.

I once got a whole package of Albertson's brand overnights where the right-side leg material was smaller than the left. I thought my ass was off-kilter until I got into some Goodnights.