Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why did i explain it like this...

Default Why did i explain it like this...

Hey guys, basically i've been thinking a lot about how i explained this to my mum those two years ago.

I just wish i took more time, i stupidly said it's a nappy "fetish". When clearly it's not sexual, and i just keep thinking she may think I'm sexually attracted to it, and that it involves children.

Ok, so i've convinced her it's all gone, but recently after asking for drynites to help with my "sore bottom" i think she would assume i still have this.

So my question to you, shall i just drop it? Or shall i try re-explaining it? Please help You guys are so good when it comes to advise..

The advice generally given is "Don't tell parents anything". I think it still applies, although I'm afraid you may have put yourself in a bad situation by asking for diapers. However, the time tested parental notification advice still holds true, but with one caveat for your unique situation: Don't say anything, unless confronted with a direct question.

You are 17 (if your profile is to be believed). Go buy them yourself. If you need money, get a job. Teenager jobs everywhere are menial, soul-destroying and boring. But they do pay you.

I've got a job, money etc, but struggle to buy them, smuggle into the house and hide them, and also disposing whilst going unnoticed. :|

So you just bring your mother into the fold? Maybe not the best move. If you had the bravado to just do it and not worry about what she thinks, then you'd be fine. But if you're going to second-guess your actions, then maybe you're better off hiding it.

Basically, i regret asking if i could get drynites thinking it would help having diarrhea, just because my .. bottom hurt and it kept seaping out slightly :P

Yea, bad idea i know :\ Really regret asking now

Im not sure, you could try re-explaining it if you think she is worried about (and it involving children and all). She may have had the wrong idea, as you said before you explained to her years ago so a re-explaination might be good. Then again she might really not like the idea and shes trying to forget it, in which case just drop it and organize ways to smuggle things in (and out of course).

Did she fully understand it? Did you show her any web pages explaining it? If you have brought up the topic before did she try to change the subject or anything like that? My parents get evasive when we start to talk about things they don't want to talk about...

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Im not sure, you could try re-explaining it if you think she is worried about (and it involving children and all). She may have had the wrong idea, as you said before you explained to her years ago so a re-explaination might be good. Then again she might really not like the idea and shes trying to forget it, in which case just drop it and organize ways to smuggle things in (and out of course).

Did she fully understand it? Did you show her any web pages explaining it? If you have brought up the topic before did she try to change the subject or anything like that? My parents get evasive when we start to talk about things they don't want to talk about...
    I agree, in this kind of situation it would probably be best to have another talk with her to set things straight and put her on the right page. Even if that isn't to tell the truth, just make sure she isn't like she is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by the-ownage View Post
    I agree, in this kind of situation it would probably be best to have another talk with her to set things straight and put her on the right page. Even if that isn't to tell the truth, just make sure she isn't like she is right now.
    But then is that not just showing her it's not stopped?

If you regretted bringing up the diaper subject by asking for some, wouldn't re regret just as much bringing it up again to try to explain yourself? If she comes up to you that's one thing, but bringing it up to her just seems like you'd be setting yourself up for more regret. Don't do that.

Elli

If you do bring it up, you could approach it from the angle that you were thinking about what you said some years ago when you were younger and had thought 'fetish' just meant a quirk, not a sexual thing. You could say you are concerned you may have given her the wrong idea and that you care enough about what she thinks about you to want to make sure all is understood. You could highlight the interest in your own childhood, and remembering what it was like to be young yourself (and by implication not children that weren't once you).

However, if you want to explain how things used to be, but end up saying a lot about it, your Mum may well asume you're talking about how things still are, especially because of your recent requent for DryNights.

Think it through. Many people here would say nothing, and just hide it. They may be talking with experience. But also, relationships with parents are important and if you think it can be improved by talking, then that's worth considering too. Only you really know what's best.