Thread: The Birth of ADISC?

Default The Birth of ADISC?

Well, I was a member here when it was TBDL.org but what i want to know is how long has this sites concept (a place for AB/DL's to come and feel accepted) been around? Has it always been owned by Moo? What did he do to promote and advertise it? So, basically what I want to know is the history of ADISC.

In addition to the information recommended by Lukie, one of my first threads was dedicated to a similar topic--perhaps you were already aware (or part) of that thread--been a while since I've seen it. In case you'd like a link to a thread full of folks discussing the history of *B/DLism, let me know. Much of it was centered on the issue of connecting with like-minded individuals, and the gradual development of a group awareness. The history of ADISC kind of fits within that backdrop or theme. Very interesting stuff.

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Just sayin'..

Quote Originally Posted by PostTenebrasLux View Post
    In case you'd like a link.
    I love my name. It has so many puns.

I've never really thought about the history. I don't really like history, and while I feel it's important to not be forgotten, I don't feel like I am dedicated to remembering it. That's a job for Moo, or some other long running moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I love my name. It has so many puns.

I've never really thought about the history. I don't really like history, and while I feel it's important to not be forgotten, I don't feel like I am dedicated to remembering it. That's a job for Moo, or some other long running moderator.
    Well, for me, the history helps me feel like I understand a little more of the present. Or at least it helps me keep things in perspective. I know that my own weird traits are nothing new, and that I'm certainly not alone. I also know that people have had both good and bad experiences as a result of this trait. And as far as I can tell, the distribution of experiences tends to lean toward 'good', provided adequate communication with partners. (Granted, there are instances in which this does not occur, for a variety of reasons.)

I'm not too concerned about remembering all details of history, but it does help me, personally, to know how folks who came before me suffered from, dealt with, or thrived with the trait of *B/DLism. From reading such information, I can see that I've got it easy now compared to how it would have been in the days before the internet and such sites as ADISC. And, as I learn from the lessons of others, I can get a sense of what the future might hold.

Ok...time to get off the computer. I'll check back in later. Was going to say more, but am nodding off at desk. Bed time.

EmeraldsAndLime

We can't forget history! Or else we're doomed to repeat our mistakes!

We can't forget history! Or else we're doomed to repeat our mi--...

Wait!