Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cough, Cold, Sore Throat, Sickness, what to do?

Default Cough, Cold, Sore Throat, Sickness, what to do?

Hey, basically I'm feeling very ill =[

Anyone got some tips? My throats so sore, my tonsils feel slightly swollen, I'm just a mess.

Any tips? Like either foods etc that help your body, i hate using tablets but if it continues i will have to.

Spred it around... Thats what I'll do. If I'm going down, Someone coming with me.

Drink lotsa hot stuffs. try some of that limsip too, dissvolable tablets etc etc

The must important: rest and sleep, stay home

Nearly followed by : drink a lot, noting with alcohol,sugar or caffeine because it will irritate your throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsius View Post
    The must important: rest and sleep, stay home

Nearly followed by : drink a lot, noting with alcohol,sugar or caffeine because it will irritate your throat.
    ah, i've been drinking a lot of tea, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    ah, i've been drinking a lot of tea, thanks
    Tea is not to bad because it have less caffeine than coffee and because you can make it not to strong.

Take care

I use a product called Thera Flu, when I feel like you do, it lessens the symtoms(slightly) and gives you a tremendous buzz, and after that you don't care if you have a cold.

Seriously, get some rest drink fluids, and find something that works for you, but with all the talk of the flu I would stay home and try not to give it to someone else.

Now get your footed jammies on, get into bed and sleep, that is mainly what I do.

EmeraldsAndLime

Local remedy?

I either get a cloth and put a small amount of eucalyptus oil in it and just inhale the vapours.

Or... I pour some boiling water in a container with a little bit of eucalyptus oil and mix it, then put a warm damp cloth over my head and breathe in the steam vapour that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Local remedy?

I either get a cloth and put a small amount of eucalyptus oil in it and just inhale the vapours.

Or... I pour some boiling water in a container with a little bit of eucalyptus oil and mix it, then put a warm damp cloth over my head and breathe in the steam vapour that way.
    I've done that in the past, it loosened all the nasty Flem (not sure spelling) and just made my life hell. So going to avoid that

EmeraldsAndLime

Man-up, son!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Man-up, son!
    =[ I've really not had it this bad before!