Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I?

Default How do I?

Ask a girl to hang out with me? Like, I usually ask "Want to go see a movie", is that too personal? Is there a proper format I am supposed to follow? Would it be less "boyfriendish" to just see if she wants to come to my home to watch a movie? Basically what I am asking is, is there a correct way to do this to get a better chance of getting a "yes" response?

Things to remember:

Girls are humans.

Girls like male company as much as you like female company.

There's no special science or way to ask a girl to do this. Just be open. "Hey, you're awesome, wanna go hang out some time?" If they don't, they can go get fucked by a frozen turd; if they do, then awesome-win, you did a great job, you have a female friend to hang out with.

As for your age and asking a girl to come to your place and hang out, though, I wouldn't advise it -- make your hanging out with the opposite sex a more public routine. This is going to establish their trust in you much more.

interesting, well thanks for that. So...it would be better to ask her to the movies, diiner/lunch, etc?

Something simple, non-committal, and something that she doesn't feel obligated to join you in. I know that sounds self-defeating, but the idea of anything that could even be slightly misconstrued as a date can be intimidating. Start it off with friends, i.e., "Hey, a few friends and I are going to grab coffee / go to the book store / head up to the mall / go ___________ for a few hours, do you want to come?" Before you can hope to have success on a more closely-knit level, it's better to seek out the success in a more open way.

okay, sounds good. So, just ask like me and so and so are going to go get some coffee, do you want to join us?

Start small, lunch or just a soda, then if you get along move to things like going out on the wekend movies etc.

Confidence is your best freind, you are just as good as anyone remember that.

Things you'll need:
    Chloroform
    A bedsheet
    An unmarked van
    Several yards of fishing twine
    A bag of marshmallows

Hang on guys, diaperedteenager didn't tell us what his intentions are. I think it's safe to assume romance, but just in case: DT, are you looking to date this girl, or just hang out with her?

If it's the first...invite her to a film at the cinema. That says 'date'. Also, she'll be more inclined to ask 'are you asking me out?' or something of the sort. Then you can explain that yes, yes you are. Or just go along with the whole 'go with a bunch of friends', especially if you don't know her. Otherwise that makes your intentions a little fuzzy.

If the latter, and she's a good friend, I don't see why you shouldn't invite her to your house. I've had male friends over in a similar way.

What the others said is fine, but personally I find doing something other than seeing a movie to be better, since you'll actually get to talk, rather than sit quietly together for a while . I've always asked girls to go for a walk in the park with me if I want to go hang out sometime. In my experience they were usually pretty up for it [shrug]. It's also like $20 cheaper .

Quote Originally Posted by charliebonce View Post
    Hang on guys, diaperedteenager didn't tell us what his intentions are. I think it's safe to assume romance, but just in case: DT, are you looking to date this girl, or just hang out with her?

If it's the first...invite her to a film at the cinema. That says 'date'. Also, she'll be more inclined to ask 'are you asking me out?' or something of the sort. Then you can explain that yes, yes you are. Or just go along with the whole 'go with a bunch of friends', especially if you don't know her. Otherwise that makes your intentions a little fuzzy.

If the latter, and she's a good friend, I don't see why you shouldn't invite her to your house. I've had male friends over in a similar way.
    He's just looking to hang out with her. And DT, it's best to hang out with groups of people. Less awkward, more conversation choices, and not as "intense."