Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adult Footie Pajamas in other stores.

Default Adult Footie Pajamas in other stores.

It seems that there are a larger number of retailers selling adult footed pajamas than I previously knew about.

I've known for quite some time about the ones that Target sells around this time of year but they seem to have set a trend or something.

I picked up mine at a Meijer, where they had two types. One was a light blue with snowflakes (the one I bought) and the others were a very light pink with sheep on them. Mine seem of pretty decent quality and have a decent grip on the bottom of them. I think I paid about $25 or so for them and well worth it (well, to me anyway).

Now they're at K-Mart stores as well. I've seen some blue ones with yellow rubber ducks along with some Joe Boxer ones that come in either black or pink and have the Joe Boxer smiley face all over them. I plan to pick up some of the rubber duck ones when I get the chance. These seem to be thinner than the Meijer ones and have rubbery spots on the feet as opposed to the whole bottom. I think they had them for closer to $30 there.

The ones Meijer and K-Mart were folded in half so at first glance they appeared to be regular pajamas. I don't know about the quality of the Target ones as I haven't really taken a good look at them.

Anyway, the Target ones apparently sell well enough to have inspired these other stores to start carrying them as well. Are there any other stores that you've noticed selling footed pajamas or other such clothing made for adults?

I've seen them at ShopKo and JC Penny as well. I'll have to look into the K-mart ones. I remember walmart selling two piece footies about 3 years ago as well.

I have noticed over the years, I have been buying footed jammies since before most of your have been born and your parents might have been still wearing them.

That sleepers seem to come around when energy prices spike, people tend to turn down the heat to save money, and by buying there kids sleepers they can keep the temps lower.

After awhile they just disapear out of the stores, believe me I have had to patch my sleepers to get thru, because I didn't buy enough to last the dry period.

I think that is why now I have a ton of them, just incase, I just can't sleep without mine......

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I have noticed over the years, I have been buying footed jammies since before most of your have been born and your parents might have been still wearing them.

That sleepers seem to come around when energy prices spike, people tend to turn down the heat to save money, and by buying there kids sleepers they can keep the temps lower.

After awhile they just disapear out of the stores, believe me I have had to patch my sleepers to get thru, because I didn't buy enough to last the dry period.

I think that is why now I have a ton of them, just incase, I just can't sleep without mine......
    A very interesting observation that never occurred to me before. It makes me not mind paying the extra dollar or so per gallon of gas.

I've never been to a Shopko but it seems that the closest one to me is in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Target seems to have fewer than they've had in previous years, at least from what I've seen on their website. I'll probably be checking in a physical Target store sometime this weekend though.

The ones in the stores are all right, but to me a sleeper just isn't a sleeper without a drop seat. Now, if they sold those at Target or something, I'd be all over that.

boytot

I accualy just got a sleeper at Target today! It is an XL (largest size they had), blue, with glow-in-the-dark stars and rockets. Plus it was only $14, what a steal!

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    The ones in the stores are all right, but to me a sleeper just isn't a sleeper without a drop seat. Now, if they sold those at Target or something, I'd be all over that.
    A drop seat may be cute, but excuse the pun, they are a pain in the ass, I have had those before, the seat bunches up and is a PITA.

Just like the target sleepers zip all the way down one leg, totaly useless for anything unless the sleeper is so large you can move around in it, and pull your other leg out for changes.

I don't do cute I do like things that are practical and do what they were desingned to do, sleepers are suppose to keep you warm and cozy, even if the blankets fall off during the night, and you carry your heat with you while you are not in bed.

*peaks out from hiding* Ever think of just making your own? I'v sold several custom pair, only take like 3 hours on average to run some out.

Found some in England for the first time, although no feet attached and only 2 styles avaliable totally worth buying.