Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom Hearts III

GaashaHuzzah

Default Kingdom Hearts III

Still early in development, and thanks to the amazing folks at Square (no sarcasm, they take time to make their games beautiful), most people are guessing it won't be out till 2011.

So, the reason for starting this thread?

What do you want to see in the newest Kingdom Hearts?

For me, it's not really what I want to see, it's what i don't.

I'm just hoping Disney doesn't use its newly found Marvel purchase to destroy the series.

I'm also hoping (a bit more than the above), that they don't bring any of their "singing & dancing high school life" movies into play. If memory serves, i recall seeing a pic of Roxas and Luxord participating in a High School Musical scene for 358/2. I didn't think it was real, but it stirred a real fear inside me...

I hope they keep the music mini games. Even though I seem to be the only person on these here internetz to have actually enjoyed them.

Also, they wouldn't dare to get rid of the Lion King world. I'll throw a tantrum that'll be heard all the way to Japan.

And oh, I sincerely hope Sora will be the main character. Roxas was just kind of... lame.

GaashaHuzzah

Well... Roxas and Sora are the same person... kinda sorta... not really...

But yeah, i kinda like the music mini's, they can be annoying at times.

Oh, I'd like to see Goofy and Donald getting a break, they're really on their last limb of creativity...

Donald uses magic and Goofy has a shield, i get it >.<

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by RadGravity View Post
    I hope they keep the music mini games. Even though I seem to be the only person on these here internetz to have actually enjoyed them.

Also, they wouldn't dare to get rid of the Lion King world. I'll throw a tantrum that'll be heard all the way to Japan.

And oh, I sincerely hope Sora will be the main character. Roxas was just kind of... lame.
    Keep the music MINI games. Sure.

But if they put it as an enforced level again, I figure I'm going to strangle one of the developers of the game. The Square representatives must have been writhing on the spot when they saw that level.

Quote Originally Posted by gaarafan4 View Post
    Still early in development.
    Proof please.

Also Kingdom Hearts does need a High School Musical world. Yes its awful idea but due to HSM's popularity, the likelyhood we won't is slim. Plus its going to be pretty damn hard to beat Tron as the worst level ever.

I can just see sora going "I don't dance!" then Kari and Mr.emo (their other friend) saying "I know you can!"
    Last edited by Fire2box; 25-Oct-2009 at 08:51.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Proof please.
    Well, the trailer is already out, and that usually means they're making a game for it...

Roxas always struck me as a realistic kid thrown into adventure. He's not particularly GOOD at fighting, with slow moves and heavy feet...but if you think about the average kid's stamina, he'd have to move that slowly to keep fighting for 10 minutes or more.

Asher

Kingdom Hearts is one of the few RPGs (and one of the few video games actually) that I play. Something about that story... I just find it interesting, entertaining, and really good.

I can't wait to see what Kingdom Hearts III has to offer; I hope its good and that it still has the music mini games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Proof please.

Also Kingdom Hearts does need a High School Musical world. Yes its awful idea but due to HSM's popularity, the likelyhood we won't is slim. Plus its going to be pretty damn hard to beat Tron as the worst level ever.

I can just see sora going "I don't dance!" then Kari and Mr.emo (there other friend) saying "I know you can!"
    ROFL; that would be the worst world ever. Gosh... I don't even want to think about that one

Quote Originally Posted by gaarafan4 View Post
    Well, the trailer is already out, and that usually means they're making a game for it...
    I haven't heard anything about a trailer before. Care to post a link?

Nevermind I watched it... however there is no Kingdom Hearts 3. The trailer is for Birth By Sleep, a prequel to the first Kingdom hearts game, and its going to be on the PSP, and the combat seems to be based upon the PS2 version of chain of memories. a bad port of the worst KH game.

So far its looking a bit bad to me for a few reasons:
    1. Its on the PSP, the PSP itself has a poor control layout, even when a game has good controls for the PSP its still occurred due to the layout of the PSP itself.
    2: combat being based upon a console port of the worst KG game so far, not counting the idiotic cell phone cash-ins.
    3. A prequel is not necessary at all. they can explain why Xeonohort or whoever went bad in flashbacks in a real KH3, but then again.. I never really cared about him. It was easy to see he was corrupted by evil anyhow.

finally, I don't even know why I care anymore. SE games like FF and KH just have whiny little youths now for example Riku, and many of the people in FF12. the former being more emo then a mall made out of nothing but hot topics.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 25-Oct-2009 at 09:09.