Thread: I'm In A Box - BALLOON BOY PARODY HD

I didn't realize it was a reference the recent drama with that stupid balloon until they mentioned wife swap. I'm slow with those kinds of things. It did manage to tickle my funny bone though.

The song itself is not a parody because it uses an original melody (as far as I know). If they copied someone Else's song and re-did the words then it would be a parody. And just because it is not a parody does not make it serious. It is still blatantly making fun of the genre it uses.

Sheepz

Well speaking of balloon boy, you guys have to hear this joke.

"I am glad the whole balloon boy thing was a hoax, I thought Michael Jackson was ordering take out from heaven.

1. The "Balloon Boy" saga is annoying as hell and does not deserve the media attention it's getting.

2. "I'm on a Boat" is a satire of hip hop music. To parody it misses the point it was making.

3. Combining the two brings up the lowest common denominator of pop culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepz View Post
    Well speaking of balloon boy, you guys have to hear this joke.

"I am glad the whole balloon boy thing was a hoax, I thought Michael Jackson was ordering take out from heaven.
    I feel like this joke sums up all of 2009.