Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 2

Default Modern Warfare 2

Oh yeah ladies.

Only a few more days till the game of the year drops. I think even if I wasn't a TB, I'd still end up running out to buy diapers for when this game comes out. I'm going to be vegetating and will probably shit myself multiple times from the sheer awesomeness that will be Modern Warfare 2.

For those of you who are unfamiliar... please enlighten yourself:

YouTube - InfinityWard's Channel

This game is going to be phenomenal. And for all of you kids who are like "omg, fps arent my thing" - well then GET OFF MY INTERNET AND SAVE SOME BANDWIDTH.

Seriously though, who else is excited? We all know I am. I have my seXbox 360 copy pre-ordered and will be gleefully awaiting it's arrival at the midnight launch at GameStop.

Actually, it's gonna be so good, I very well may end up buying it for PC as well (really only because I have friends who are PC gamers).

Point is, who else is getting it, and who's looking forward to it?

omg, fps arnt my thing...

Nah just kidding, Im so Freaking excited for this game! I don't know if Im going to preorder this time, I preordered halo wars, then ODST and all my friends had it before and are like "dude! get this game!" "I DID! Its coming!!" Still, won't there be like lines outside of every store that sells games? I might try to be part of one of those lines this time...

I saw some videos on youtube, holy crap!! Throwing KNIFES!?!? The game engine is getting major upgrades too, the enviroment will be much larger now that they have figured out a way to generate the fine texturing and lighting only in places you are.

Too bad it wont have a zombies gametype like CoD WaW, meh, don't care too much as long as its got some kind of coop in it.

I can't wait to see the graphics on it, the videos showing gameplay looked extremly realistic. (though in ten years it will be like, "Hey do you remeber the POS graphics that MW2 had?" "yeah, lol" "Want to play some CoD 9?")

I hope they find an even balance for scoped sniping, call of duty 4 had very little recoil and WaW was like trying to snip out the back of a moving car. Also, weapons. They are going to have an absolutly massive amount of weapons and attachments in the new game.

Preorder seems best, its kind of like knowing your seat wont ever be taken at the theatre. I really dont know what to do now, I think I will go and buy it though...

Little ollie

Its on my rental list so should get it the day it comes out

Heh, I'm def. gonna get it asap...sucks my god forsaken internet won't support Xbox Live currently though :/

Wireless coming by march! Yay!...I'm so depressed about having to wait that long to kill all of you though D:

who uses PS network... but WOOO i and brohave been waiting close to all yeasr for this, itd BETTER be damn good...

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    omg, fps arnt my thing...
    Nah just kidding, Im so Freaking excited for this game! I don't know if Im going to preorder this time, I preordered halo wars, then ODST and all my friends had it before and are like "dude! get this game!" "I DID! Its coming!!" Still, won't there be like lines outside of every store that sells games? I might try to be part of one of those lines this time...
    I highly recommend pre-ordering, especially if you intend on going to a midnight launch, or plan on shopping at a location that is held one.

I don't know about most other retailers, but I worked at GameStop for a short period of time (holiday position). They claim that if you preorder your copy, you are guaranteed a copy - and this is very true. Reason is, each store location is given a different number of copies of, say, Modern Warfare 2. They decide how many copies of MW2 to ship to a GameStop location based on how many preorders that store location has.

So if a GameStop near you has 10 preorders, the people delivering the games will ship a MINIMUM of 10 copies. It could be exactly 10, but generally if a release as big as this one, they'd probably end up shipping 20.

Point is, you're actually telling that store location how many copies to order.

And yes, I can promise you there'll be lines all over the place if you want a midnight launch. Keep in mind, you aren't the only one who'll be trying to dodge long lines! Hehe.

I personally love the big buildup of midnight launches. It makes it so much more exciting. I've gone to quite a few of them for big game releases... rather than just going and getting a game, it kind of adds to the excitement and you feel like you're part of some big event.

Lines don't bother me. I waited outside a BestBuy over night in the middle of January (which is quite cold up here in Pittsburgh) for a Wii when they were recently released. Granted, I tend to get there early, so I'm generally one of the first to get my copy. I'm pretty sure I was one of the first 100 on the East Coast to purchase GTA4 when it came out, haha.

omgz!

I can't wait for this game though. I pre-ordered last week, the guy at Gamestop told me they had 800+ reservations at that location. I'm not to sure if I totally believe him as that number sounds pretty high, but I guess its possible.

I was pretty late to the Modern Warfare craze, but I've been having a ton of fun with it since I got it this past June. All the videos for the new one look crazy, so it should be a ton of fun

See you all on 11/10

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    omgz!

I can't wait for this game though. I pre-ordered last week, the guy at Gamestop told me they had 800+ reservations at that location. I'm not to sure if I totally believe him as that number sounds pretty high, but I guess its possible.
    I can believe that. If you live in a major city... keep in mind this game is coming out on all consoles at the same time, and this is the only game I think that this is the only game that I can even think of that is being anticipated by the entire gaming community, rather than just 360 owners, or PS3 owners, or PC owners.

So basically they've got a huge percentage of gamers as a whole all running out for it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Jake View Post
    I can believe that. If you live in a major city... keep in mind this game is coming out on all consoles at the same time, and this is the only game I think that this is the only game that I can even think of that is being anticipated by the entire gaming community, rather than just 360 owners, or PS3 owners, or PC owners.

So basically they've got a huge percentage of gamers as a whole all running out for it haha.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess I didn't take the multiple platforms into consideration.

If anyone wants to play the first one in the meantime, my 360 gamertag is Revolution36.

This just means that my beloved Nazi Zombies mode will take a backseat... ;/