Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong of me?

Default Is it wrong of me?

Well tonight, remember that girl that suddenly stopped talking to me? Well she started up again, said she had been very busy and just ignored FB chat. She asked me for help on her AP World History homework, b.c she knows i am a history god. Well she was asking me for help and said "I'll just email you my chart and you can correct it for me, oh btw I am going to go shower, point out what i did wrong when i get back " I know she was flattering me, calling me all knowing master, god, etc. and i chuckeled at that, b/c i could see right through her act. But, I made the corrections for her.

Is it wrong that I practically did her homework for her? I mean...I enjoyed doing it and I loved the fact that she was talking to me and was "flirting" with me. It made me feel well, good about myself. I felt useful and was happy. But, was it wrong to do it and to feel happy about doing it?

BabyYuri

Well if you just corrected it for her then I don't think you did it for her. She attempted to do it and got a few things wrong that means that she is learning the material but not fully paying attention. Yet I don't think you did for her unless you like threw away her old chart and made a new one and gave her that one. Also point out where she went wrong and why so she can understand where and why she went wrong, thats called a study partner.

Not to be cynical here, but even though you "saw through her act," you still fell for it. Did you think that maybe she was just flirting because she needed help?

I don't know the whole situation, but it seems like this girl is only using you when she needs you. If she's so busy, why is she on facebook at all? There is a way to turn chat off, even.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Not to be cynical here, but even though you "saw through her act," you still fell for it. Did you think that maybe she was just flirting because she needed help?

I don't know the whole situation, but it seems like this girl is only using you when she needs you. If she's so busy, why is she on facebook at all? There is a way to turn chat off, even.
    IDK...She has one of those funny flirtatious personalities where it can be difficult to decipher what her motive is exactly. She did legitimately need help, but I feel for her pressure to get me to do most of it for her.

Well then, all I have to say is: Be careful of her. She seems like she doesn't like you for you, but what you can do for her.

It's not wrong if you just help her with her homework, but make sure not to do it for her. Interaction is important; keep her actively thinking. If she keeps pushing you to do it for her, rather than to help her do it, then she is probably just trying to take advantage of you. If she actually likes you she will enjoy the discussion you could have while teaching her.

Hey, quit rewarding women for being stupid and cockteasing you. You're ruining the human race, one skank at a time.

Its only wrong in the sense that she won't learn for herself. Its the classic Give a fish, eat for a day. Teach to fish, fed for a lifetime.

On the other hand, I think its rather dumb that you helped since from what I gather, she's only using you. She starts talking to you only after she needs help? Seems like the classic case of being used.

Just wait until you get to college and people are using BBM in tests to cheat. I dont think doing some corrections was too bad of you.