Thread: The Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

Default The Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

I am pretty excited for the squeal of The Boondock Saints now that I finally saw "Where The Wild Things Are".

The Boondock Saints came out in 1999 but the movie didn't do that good since it was pretty much blacklisted since it came out a week or two after columbine. This movie does have a lot of graphic gun violence and it is about vigilante justice.

The Boondock Saints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I doubt the new movie will be as good as the first, but the first film was pretty entertaining actionwise and I think plot wise. Even if it was just about two brothers going around killing bad guys after accidentally killing two thugs.

I watch that movie all the time.

Me and my family own the DVD.

ME and my sister are going see it.

So the sequel IS going to happen? Hah, that would be awsome! I heard and read the rumours myself but I dismissed them to be just that, rumours and wishful thinking.

(Now Boondock saints, seriously, if you haven't seen it, go and see it. I mean, even if mixing religious fanatiscm, violence, alcohol, vigilantism and first degree manslaughter all in one piece, goes against nearly everything I stand for, well, it still kicks ass. ...Not trying to be the goody two shoes here.)

The original movie was pretty good. I have to say that I am not very excited about another movie. I am sure that the new movie will follow the same premise as the first, but I feel that the novelty of the first movie is spent.

There is a decent documentary about Troy Duffy, the beginnings of the first movie, and his band. It is called Overnight, and is worth watching if you are a Boondock Saints fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    So the sequel IS going to happen? Hah, that would be awsome! I heard and read the rumours myself but I dismissed them to be just that, rumours and wishful thinking.

(Now Boondock saints, seriously, if you haven't seen it, go and see it. I mean, even if mixing religious fanatiscm, violence, alcohol, vigilantism and first degree manslaughter all in one piece, goes against nearly everything I stand for, well, it still kicks ass. ...Not trying to be the goody two shoes here.)
    The squeal comes out at the movies on the 30th of October, 2009. They been filming for some time and the post production has been I guess 4-5 months.

The biggest thing I think to be taken away from the first movie was exactly what the prist said "Evil goes unpunished while good people stand idly around and don't take action" or something to that extent. It wasn't a call to arms but a call to actually stand up to and fight evil... just not with blowing peoples brains out with criss crossing bullets to the back of the head.