Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

Default Help

So, me and my girlfriend have given this a shot, I've been a baby about a year or so old. I just honestly don't really know what kinds of things to do to make it realistic. Any tips? What can I do besides just like sit the twiddling my thumbs in a diaper? Any help would be appreciated.

What do kids do? I play with toys and do silly things with stuff in my room(such as mess around with things with buttons). Usually, Im not thinking of what Im doing. I enjoy the feelings on a higher level than what Im playing with. Still, blocks are fun. There is an endless amount of things you can do with blocks. (shaped or alphabet ones, tried both, liked both. My favourite thing to do is spell out swear words with alphabet blocks, hehe.) Drawing is another good one, you can draw just about anything too. Just remeber to hide the pictures after too if your living at home/with others (Cant tell your age or anything).

Thanks, I think I just need to relax a little bit and just go with it.

Thread moved. You'll get more responses here. The Roleplay forum is meant for in character roleplay. Also, if you want I can change the title to make it more explicit what you want help with

I got to do a bit of roleplay when I was with my boyfriend. One thing I would say is go a bit older than a year. A year old baby can't do so much. Crawl, stand up against something, walk if they are advanced. Most people around here seem to prefer 2 as about a minimum age. The ability to just move about, and cause mischief but still be completely reliant on someone seems rather popular. Other than that, just do baby like things. Just mess about with stuff. Look at something as if you have no idea at what it does and just play with it. Or even better, get some toys.

Try to interact with your girlfriend in a babyish way. Try talking very little, or not at all. Just get what you want with noises and facial expressions. I suppose the best thing is just to have fun. Have it in a babyish way but have fun. Just relax into the role, get a few props (I personally LOVE bottles) and it'll be feeling great in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by NEJay View Post
    Legos. /thread
    Aren't those a choking hazard for a 1 year old ? lol. Maybe Duplos, bigger and more babyish, though maybe not as fun.

Acting 1 year old though? Hmmm, you could consider teething on things. Just an idea. Like, chew on things you normally wouldn't. Or chew on things that were designed for it. I have a whole bag of 'chew toys,' that I can use, like rings and such. Things that babies chew on, though a pacifier can also really help with that.

Picture books are another idea. Balls and plush toys. And yeah, drawing with crayons, as aforementioned. Once again, though, as previously said, you might want to consider raising that age, or at least choosing a one year old, a little closer to being 2.

I've yet to try any roleplaying, don't have a girlfriend, but I would probably choose somewhere around 3 myself, but still fully un-potty trained, because I was when I was 3. Sounds like fun though.

There was a similar thread not too long ago.
    http://www.adisc.org/forum/teenbaby/...tml#post286765

But may I suggest:

1. Color with crayons or markers
    2. Use a pacifier
    3. Drink from a bottle
    4. Get some stuffed animals and/or a blanket, and take a nap
    5. Watch a kid's movie

I go between sippy cups, and baby bottles. I sometimes drink some infant milk. Maybe you can get your girlfriend to make some up for you. This dose however have the worst taste you could think of the first time you drink the stuff. But its easy to swallow once you start and you get use to it quickly. Little warning, this can give you CLEAR THE BAR type gas if you down too much too often. But there is always cow/goat milk if you think the infant milk is going too far. Every think in moderation I even eat baby rusks and the odd jar of food. I keep to the sweet stuff mainly as the savoury doesn’t look so good. Maybe she can feed you.

Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    Thread moved. You'll get more responses here. The Roleplay forum is meant for in character roleplay. Also, if you want I can change the title to make it more explicit what you want help with

I got to do a bit of roleplay when I was with my boyfriend. One thing I would say is go a bit older than a year. A year old baby can't do so much. Crawl, stand up against something, walk if they are advanced. Most people around here seem to prefer 2 as about a minimum age. The ability to just move about, and cause mischief but still be completely reliant on someone seems rather popular. Other than that, just do baby like things. Just mess about with stuff. Look at something as if you have no idea at what it does and just play with it. Or even better, get some toys.

Try to interact with your girlfriend in a babyish way. Try talking very little, or not at all. Just get what you want with noises and facial expressions. I suppose the best thing is just to have fun. Have it in a babyish way but have fun. Just relax into the role, get a few props (I personally LOVE bottles) and it'll be feeling great in no time.
    Thanks a ton.

Great ideas everyone. Now that I think about it I was acting more like a 2 y/o. Do drink out of bottles for feeding and stuff. Had some formula once and it was fine for a couple swallows then I wanted to vomit. I wish there was better (big) diapers. I've been settling for size 7 pampers but they are a tad small. But still fun. I like to mess with stuff and I love to role play, just get a little embarrassed sometimes.

Any more ideas would be fantastic, love the ones on here though. Also any personal stories of things you have done while role playing would be great for ideas.

Also any tips I could give to "mommy" would be good. She says she never really knows what to do.

Any tips on how to get more alone time or places to go to have some fun?

Thanks everyone!

Default Thumbs up for Legos!

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Aren't those a choking hazard for a 1 year old ? lol. Maybe Duplos, bigger and more babyish, though maybe not as fun.
    In my experience, a 1 year old is starting to transition from an infant to a toddler. The items that you suggested are more for 3-9 months of age. A toddler will enjoy the larger Legos until they see bigger kids playing with the small ones. Once that happens, they want the small ones and can be trusted with the 2X8 blocks (count the circles on top) and larger while supervised. By 18 months, immediate supervision is usually not necessary with all but the smallest Lego pieces.

The recommended age range for toys is a lawyer approved range for un-supervised play. Fairly often, this age range does not coincide with the age range that will actually ENJOY the toy. Parents need to make their own decisions at to what toys are appropriate for THEIR OWN child. Children develope at different rates. Special needs children often do not match the recommended age range and may be well outside of the suggested age range. When purchasing toys for other people's children, it is best to speak with the parents before making any purchases. You do not want to be remembered for buying the large Legos for a 3rd birthday gift...

For roleplay purposes, the available toy options do not need to correspond to roleplayed age. This is why bottles are discussed here for regressed ages 2+. Each roleplay is unique to the players involved. There is no one right way.

Most importantly, have fun!