Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Social groups?

Question Social groups?

Hey whats up with the social groups, does no one use them or what? Im really looking forward to meeting some friends on the gamers group but its like weeks since anyones posted anything on any social groups! What gives?

Lol, I REALY need some friends...

Quote Originally Posted by Jussen View Post
    add me to runescape:

Xarasacht.
    Done

Anyone on RS should check out jussen's Adisc Runescapers Social Group!

I am not sure. I haven't really seen any activity in the groups I joined. I guess most people tend to use the forum instead.

Quote Originally Posted by mattjones4 View Post
    I am not sure. I haven't really seen any activity in the groups I joined. I guess most people tend to use the forum instead.
    Okay, I will remeber that. But maybe we should all encourage the use of social groups again.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionxi1 View Post
    Okay, I will remeber that. But maybe we should all encourage the use of social groups again.
    Agreed. I think they can be a good way to meet some people with more specific interests. I am not really sure if people get alerts when something is posted in the group or not, maybe this is hurting activity. I have posted in a few but never got replies.

Sorta, it highlights it when there is a new message. I found it hard to notice.

I have posted in them too, no replies. :/

So, we need a more noticable notification when there is a new message in a social group. Perhapes slightly larger text bolded in red?

Mesmerale

The problem is, it's not a matter of being encouraged to use them again. It's a matter of being encouraged to use them at all.

In the year and so-many months that I've been here, they've never been actively used around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    The problem is, it's not a matter of being encouraged to use them again. It's a matter of being encouraged to use them at all.

In the year and so-many months that I've been here, they've never been actively used around here.
    Maybe we should just suggest them at any time we can? I think there should a be a sticky about encouraging the use social groups, they're such a good thing that just never gets used. We need a better way for people to get to know eachother, social groups would be the key if they were more widly used.

Mesmerale

Maybe we should just suggest them at any time we can? I think there should a be a sticky about encouraging the use social groups, they're such a good thing that just never gets used. We need a better way for people to get to know eachother, social groups would be the key if they were more widly used.
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Go ahead and PM Moo about it, if you think it'd be really useful.

Personally, I don't really feel any great love toward the social groups as more than nice pictures on the side of my profile, so I'll stay out of it, but there's nothing stopping you and whoever else may agree.