Thread: support group for recently divorced men?

Unhappy support group for recently divorced men?

Recently my wife and I seperated, after I caught her in bed with another guy. Came as quite a shock, as the last 5 yrs have been pretty good(as good as can be expected when married to a woman with bipolar disorder). I've been thru alot with her since we got married, and stood by her side and supported her thru all of it. Unfortunately, over the summer I've had a real hard time dealing with the idea of being a divorced 36 yo guy. I can't seem to find ANY support groups for guys in my situation. I know without a doubt that they are out there, or at least that there are others out there dealing with the same feelings that I am. I honestly wouldn't care if it were a support group for people in general who have been put thru the same thing. If anyone can pass along some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Even diapers don't seem to give me the same feeling they once did. I don't know what to do.

Churches often offer these kinds of services. Perhaps Social Services in your town could steer you toward a support group.

As a 50yo man rased by a bipolar mom and most woman in my life have been too I feel for ya. Their creative, impulsive, wild, unpredictable, fun, frustrating, infuriating and strangley attractive.

I know a lot of companies have an "EAP" Employee Assistance Program. It normally is a one number call for info on how to find help. My particular one was able to hook me up with a counselor to help me with my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

You're so right Nam. Thanks for the info cp, I know ALL about EAP, used to work for AT&T. Unfortunately I'm a student at the moment, with a part time job, one that doesn't have EAP. They have been a godsend in the past for me tho.
    Thanks all

jeepme, search for a group called DivorceCare, they are usually in churches and such

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepme View Post
    ... Unfortunately I'm a student at the moment, with a part time job, one that doesn't have EAP.
    If it is something bigger then a 2 year college, maybe your school has something similar...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepme View Post
    You're so right Nam. Thanks for the info cp, I know ALL about EAP, used to work for AT&T. Unfortunately I'm a student at the moment, with a part time job, one that doesn't have EAP. They have been a godsend in the past for me tho.
    Thanks all
    Student counseling services.