Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stroller with child falls into subway train; child survives with minor injuries.

Default Stroller with child falls into subway train; child survives with minor injuries.

Baby survives after falling under train

I am still shocked with the miracle that ensued in this incident. Just shocked. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Baby survives after falling under train

I am still shocked with the miracle that ensued in this incident. Just shocked. What do you think?
    I'm also in shocked tk7432.

I heard about this today on another stroller group I belong to. I'm so glad the baby didn't get killed in the accident.

I'm curious to see whether any charges will be placed against the mother. In Australia, there's a law stating strollers are supposed to be equipped with a wrist strap which, in turn, is supposed to be USED by the driver to keep this kind of accident from happening. The law was passed sometime in the last couple years from what I heard through a stroller collector friend in Oz. It was due to at least one other death of a baby after the stroller got away from the caregiver. Stroller brake controls are also required to be red in color to stand out. However, you can pass all the safety laws you want, it's still up to the parent/caregiver to be responsible enough to use the stroller's safety devices.

~Pramrider

Thats a close call! The mother must be glad that it was a slow urban train rather than a high speed one and there about a foot of space from the train to the rails.

She almost dragged herself under it too. She'll apply the brakes next time.

They say God protects drunks and small children.

When the shit hits the fan...If I'm not standing next to a small child...I get drunk as quick as I can!

It sure does seem like a miracle.

-Gus