Thread: Hi there

eric007

Default Hi there

Well a little about myself...

Name's Eric.
    I was born during a hot summer in 79' (boy I'm gettin' old... ).
    Back then my parents lived in Ireland... later we moved to switzerland.
    And myself? well I've lived in a good dozen places... Spent time in different locations throughout west & east europe, a year in the US and almost two in Hong Kong, back when it still belonged to the brits....
    Mostly because my father had a well payed but seriously "demanding" job - require him to relocate every now and then... Mother, my sis' (two years younger) and myself dogged along as good family should.
    For us kids it was both a big positive challenge and at the same time a total fuck-up. Loosing friends every couple of years, putting up with half a dozen languages, new schools, private teaching (sucks btw.), and a father whilst loving, not much at home.

Later in my life I somehow found it hard to find "rest" or feel at home.
    I don't associate with any "nation" or any place.
    There's a song by Metallica (Wherever I may roam)... and one of the passages going like this "Wherever I may roam, where I lay my head is home...." that's about as good as it gets... haven't been able to really stay in one place for more than two years...

Why I have signed up here?

Well I'm what you could consider a "DL" - no AB aspects for me (I love my adult live and all responsibility and also all downsides that come from it and wouldn't give up control or anything along that line for no money).

I guess thanks to all the moving around, relocating and constantly breaking up friendships and what not I was a bedwetter between my 6th and 17th year of life... after that I had a dry period of approx. two or three years but than out of nothing started to have occasional wetting accidents again.
    Later had a nasty UTI and started day wetting - I was thus diaper dependent 24/7 for close to 7 months. The day wetting stopped again - and I AM VERY HAPPY about this. The Bedwetting though still goes on 3-5 Nights wet a week) - I can live with that.

Well at first when my mom decided to put me back in diapers for practical reasons I hated it... I felt so humiliated. But after a couple of nights, well what can I say - I loved not waking up in a wet cold puddle of pee, smelly sheets and all of that... I loved the way diapers made me feel secure (and sometimes to some extend still do). When I started to get into puberty I learned that other pleasures can be found with a diaper on... from then on my affection towards diapers changed even more - to the point where I wished to be able to wear them 24/7 (oh my... had I known back then what a bloody hassle that would be I would have never wished for it... but as the saying goes... hindsight.. yeah.)

Other than that? well I'm totally into sports... climbing, cycling, boxing (have been boxing since I was 14 or so) and Motorcycles... occasionally about once or twice a year I ride on amateur track races if I can afford the time and stuff).

that's it for starters...

Eric

Welcome to ADISC! That is a really long intro but honest nonetheless. What languages have you learned?

eric007

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Welcome to ADISC! That is a really long intro but honest nonetheless. What languages have you learned?
    Starting with English and German - (my mom is originally from Switzerland, whilst my dad's from cork).
    Besides I am quite fluent in french, italian, some spanish.
    Have taken lots of cantonese and mandarin classes during my time in Hong Kong - but never really managed to get into it... basics I'd have to say along with approx. 1000-1500 characters... barely enough to get what's written in a low-level news paper.
    Other than that - only bits and basics in Russian.
    When we lived in places which were non-English or German speaking my sis' and I would usually be sent of to some foreigners school where english or sometimes german was spoken as a main language.
    Only when we lived in italy and later france, we attended a local school and had also private language lessons.
    I'm not very talented at languages though ...
    My sister on the other hand is big at it... fluent in half a dozen languages without any damn accent. She's almost fluent in mandarin and able to read and write about 5000 different characters... English, German, Italian and French are almost the same for her and recently she started to take Arabic lessons... well, go figure. She's definitely the bright one in the family.
    With us it's a bit "classic style" - She's skilled at fine arts, languages and all of that, and I'm the mechanic (well I was trained as a machinist, but am into welding these days)... The one thing I do excel though is cooking. My HongKong and Italian stuff is almost famous

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by eric007 View Post
    Starting with English and German - (my mom is originally from Switzerland, whilst my dad's from cork).
    ARe there subtitles for when you speak German, like there always are for just about any Swiss person speaking on German TV?

Welcome to ADISC. Looks like you're on the road/in the air a lot. Good thing the internet and the forum can be accessed from any place in the world that has an internet connection
    You should keep a list of all the different diaper brands you've used over the years when you go to that many countries.

Peachy

EmeraldsAndLime

my mom is originally from Switzerland, whilst my dad's from cork.
    One might say you were the product of your dad plugging up some swiss cheese.

Wait. That's cruel.

Welcome!

eric007

@Lukie,
    Boy, you just hope never to meet my mom.... she's a tough one if you make fun of her
    Dad would just smile... while she gives you the beating of your life...

(seriously, don't worry ... I'm fine with the "product" I've become)

Thanks for the welcome.

@ Peachy - nah' no subtitles for me...
    however I have this weird thing, that I can watch a movie or read a book and ten minutes later have no clue whether I saw / read the thing in english or german.
    Language whilst dreaming and thinking is also quite mixed up.

On a side note: I hate subtitles and movie / show translations ... it's just freaky if you understand both fluently and see how some things are being translated (omitted, replaced, have their meaning changed...).
    Same for book translations - there are only a very few books which have a lovely translated version - at least with german/english stuff.

About Diapers:
    My absolute favorites are Tena Slip Maxi (medium) and Abri Form X-Plus Medium.
    Sometimes when I fly or take long bus / car rides I wear a Tena Slip Super or even Plus (the least "visible" one).

I've had Depends (US) and whilst I like the 6 Tapes - the diaper sucks.
    Attends (US Version) I quite like - don't like the newer cloth-backed european things
    Molicares ain't bad either.

The Dislikes? Chinese Diapers - at least the cheap ones...
    We had a seriously hard time in Hong Kong finding good diapers for me (I was 14 back then I believe). ... actually there are quite a few adult diaper brands to be found - most stores have some. The good thing was, no body really gave a shit if you bought diapers... chinese are much less "problematic and close minded" in that regard.
    However after some time we found a store that had Attends and later also Tena which was a blessing.
    Last time I was in HongKong (2006) there have been about 3 to 5 different brands at most stores... I haven't tried 'em all... some were bad, some not...
    Worst place to find good diapers was Russia,... we lived near St. Petersburg - if only for a year and a half... My dad ended up ordering them from Germany - enough diapers for the whole time in two shipments... wasn't cheap but we simply didn't find any well fitting, good diaper. I'm sure the major brands can be found somewhere... but if you're not fluent with the language it's a tad problematic I guess.
    Last edited by Peachy; 17-Oct-2009 at 15:48. Reason: merging double post - put all your thoughts into one post!

Peachy

@Lukie,
    however I have this weird thing, that I can watch a movie or read a book and ten minutes later have no clue whether I saw / read the thing in english or german.
    Language whilst dreaming and thinking is also quite mixed up.
    It's not weird really - I've experienced the same thing while living abroad in a culture that uses a different language. I couldn't tell which language I was dreaming in and even had people who don't speak each other's language talking to each other in my dream. I concluded that you don't dream in languages but in pictures.

Aside from that, I have an admin request: Please don't post multiple messages in a row - put all your thoughts into one post before hitting the "submit reply" button!

Peachy

eric007

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    Aside from that, I have an admin request: Please don't post multiple messages in a row - put all your thoughts into one post before hitting the "submit reply" button!

Peachy
    Ah, sorry - my bad... I see you have merged my two posts into one...
    thanks.
    Sometimes my mouse is quicker thank I am

Hi! Willkommen, bienvenue, bienvenido, welkom, benvenuto, welcome to adisc!

eric007

thanks!