Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I'm driving...

Default So I'm driving...

My day went well. I woke up, picked my sister up - and we both went to school. I flirted a bit with this cute girl in my math class, and then I dropped my sister off at her house.

As I'm driving home, I'm cruising down a very densely populated street (Carson Street, in South Side - for anyone who's in Pittsburgh). What happens?

Suddenly, I feel my nose pop. Feels like water in my nose, and it starts burning. I wipe my nose off only to find that its blood. And it's a lot of blood. Because before I got to the next intersection, I suddenly found myself with one of the most intense nose bleeds I've had in a few years.

I check the glove box - only to find a single Kleenex. Not wanting to stuff my nose (I'm sick, so I want to let the funk out) - I clean my face off, and use it to keep the steering wheel from being too slippery.

Driving with one hand, and using other to cup the blood that's dripping uncontrollably out of my face (occasionally opening the window to toss the blood out, which resulted in quite a mess on the side of the car and all over the window) - I found myself almost home and in need of gas.

I stop at a gas station at the end of my road. Laughing hysterically, covered in blood (all over my pants, and all over my shirt - like I murdered someone), I walk into the busy store.

It grew quiet as I walked in, and a whole lot of strange and concerned faces stare at me. They let me to the front of the line! I ask, "Five bucks on pump 6 please!" - teeth covered in blood. I hand her a mostly clean 5.

As I walk out, I go, "Oh yeah, do you have some napkins I can borrow?"

Right now, I'm home - clean and almost ready for work. The inside of my car is covered in blood spatter from be going "PFFFFT!" when my mouth was filled with blood. The steering wheel is all sticky, and there's a lot of bloody napkins filling one seat, and a lot of blood covering the driver-side window.

This is not my car. My mother will not be pleased!

Probably the most interesting drive home I've experienced. What about you ladies, does anyone have any interest or off-the-wall stories to share that can compare, or make me lol?

Butterfly Mage

Have you had nosebleeds like that before? That would have scared the heck out of me!

Peachy

See the bright side: At least you did the damage yourself, and will most likely clean it up too.
    There's nothing like picking up a sibling from a party just to find that he unloads half a party's worth of half-processed drinks and food onto the floor on the passenger side. Once you get home, he goes straight to bed while you're left with the fun-filled task of cleaning up someone else's puke from your parents' car in the wee hours of the morning. Well, not you..but I had the pleasure once.

Peachy
    *making mental notes not to ever let Jake ride in the PeachMobil (TM) - red blood splatters don't go well with the car's blue color*

5 dollars for gas? That's like 1-2 gallons. Anyways, now you should really know to always have some napkins or something with you. The way you explained it, you might want to get that checked out. Also, clean all the blood you can before your mom finds out (if she hasn't already).

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    5 dollars for gas? That's like 1-2 gallons. Anyways, now you should really know to always have some napkins or something with you. The way you explained it, you might want to get that checked out. Also, clean all the blood you can before your mom finds out (if she hasn't already).
    Maybe he only did 5 bucks because he wanted to get home in a hurry? I do that sometimes.

I used to get nose bleeds all the time when I was 14-15. They were intense. At least one every two weeks. Sometimes three days in a row. I had to go to a nose doctor who took an extra long matchstick, shoved it up my nose, and cauderized the blood vessel.

Moral of the story? ... Well, there is none really.

Oh my God dude...

Get that Blood cleaned quickly, it could stain O.O!!

well.. wow, I really got no words. The only thing I can really say more is that I would've just pulled over and let it 'bleed out' so to speak on the grass or something, rather than get it EVERYWHERE. :|

Let's pray that does NOT happen again

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    5 dollars for gas? That's like 1-2 gallons.
    Lol...$5, or 3.50 EUR gets you two liters (half a gallon) here. I want to see you turning off the pump in time before it hits 2 liters!

Peachy

I hate random nosebleeds. Once I was giving a speech for a class in high school, and it happens to me. It was probably stress related as I had never given too many speeches before. It got on the podium, and the carpet, as well as the master copy of my speech. My teacher ended up giving me an A for the speech because up until that point it was great, and she said I didn't have to give my speech again. But I would hate to be driving down Carson Street or driving at all for that matter and randomly get one. I hope the cleanup goes well.