Thread: Swine Flu Epidemic in Schools

Default Swine Flu Epidemic in Schools

So, over the past two weeks in my high school, a morre common thing that has been going around is that the classrooms are only half full. Everybody is getting sick with flu like systems over about 2 weeks. Appearently about 10% of a 2100 student body is out sick. Everybody around me is getting sick and I feel that the number of students will increase. This is such a staggering fact in which it is early October and it just hit 70 today. This will be a severe concern come January. At least I got the flu in July.

Is there a flu outbreak in your school or community? And if so does it affect you and your community?

Fortunately at my school there has been no H1N1 cases reported. There are some people that are absent because they are sick but not with the swine flu. We are supposed to be vaccinated soon but the vaccine hasn't arrived yet. I just hope that no one gets sick and dies from swine flu.

One person from my hometown was diagnosed with swine flu. He took some cough syrup and slept it off.

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    Is there a flu outbreak in your school or community? And if so does it affect you and your community?
    I think it's got everyone sorta scared. It seems a touch early to have widespread flu. Certainly here in my county (Alameda, CA) there have been deaths, 9 total since the start of the year. However I'd wager there have been MANY more automobile deaths and yet people merrily drive as if there's nothing to worry about.

"Perspective; it's not just an artistic technique."