Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lunch bag or lunch box

Default lunch bag or lunch box

I have a wierd question but does anyone carry a lunch bag or lunch box to school, work, etc and if so what does it look like?

The reason I'm asking this is because I've done some research on this and saw a correlation between brown bagging and people that wore diapers. Strange huh

And to answer my own question, yes I do brown bag (black reusable lunch bag with blue stitching) and have been wearing diapers pretty much on and off my entire life

Quote Originally Posted by enna View Post
    I have a wierd question but does anyone carry a lunch bag or lunch box to school, work, etc and if so what does it look like?

The reason I'm asking this is because I've done some research on this and saw a correlation between brown bagging and people that wore diapers. Strange huh

And to answer my own question, yes I do brown bag (black reusable lunch bag with blue stitching) and have been wearing diapers pretty much on and off my entire life
    The correlation you're drawing likely has no causal effect in either direction.

The only possible link I could see is that people who wear diapers have an increased financial burden and therefore must opt to bring their lunch rather than go out and buy it (unidirectional link).

That said, I *have* a padded zippered box-like thing (think a camera-case here) that is for lunch. I just don't use it.

Well in my research, I've discovered a correlation between people who enjoy bread and people who wear diapers.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Well in my research, I've discovered a correlation between people who enjoy bread and people who wear diapers.

Elaborate!

Quote Originally Posted by gaarafan4 View Post
    Elaborate!
    I second this motion!

I never carried a lunch to school, except for 7th grade, before 7th I walked home for lunch when in 7th I was too far from home to walk, and by 8th I just took money and went to a local pizza place to eat.

I have done and currently conducting research diaper wearing and habits on males and females between the ages of 15 and 35 and found that allot of them carried. I usually followed up with the question what did it look like because it told allot about how far back the person had regressed in age, how juvenile they acted, why they did it, etc. For example if someone carried a sesame street lunch box and they were say for example 18, 19, 20, etc you can tell they had not decided to mature or regress to an age such between birth 5-6 yrs and therefore were perhaps an adult baby.

Sorry I didn't elaborate earlier

And btw before you ask the quiz I asked the question with was totally voluntary, done in a lab setting, and participants were given $25 for their participation

Unfortunately I just didn't have a chance to post it yet
    Last edited by Trevor; 09-Oct-2009 at 23:10. Reason: merging posts

You found enough local ABDLs to do a study?

Sorry, but I have a feeling that the sample size wasn't that large.

And like h3g3l said, "The correlation you're drawing likely has no causal effect in either direction."

Correlation does not mean causation.

I have done and currently conducting research diaper wearing and habits on males and females between the ages of 15 and 35 and found that allot of them carried. I usually followed up with the question what did it look like because it told allot about how far back the person had regressed in age, how juvenile they acted, why they did it, etc. For example if someone carried a sesame street lunch box and they were say for example 18, 19, 20, etc you can tell they had not decided to mature or regress to an age such between birth 5-6 yrs and therefore were perhaps an adult baby.

Sorry I didn't elaborate earlier

And btw before you ask the quiz I asked the question with was totally voluntary, done in a lab setting, and participants were given $25 for their participation

Unfortunately I just didn't have a chance to post it yet
    If this is your design, this is just bad science. I hope you weren't planning on publication.

For instance, there are a myriad of other conclusions you can draw from an adult having a Sesame Street lunchbox aside from regression:
    • It is a hold-over from their children's days of lunchbox-toting;
    • It was cheaper than other comparable lunchboxes;
    • It was bought as a joke;
    • It was bought as an homage to elements of the person's personality or affect.

It's a similar problem that emerges with data mining: the results you get and linkages you see in the data may be meaningless. For instance, it may well be that people wearing red hats buy the most diapers at the store. However, maybe this study was carried out in Kansas City, and the hats were red because they are the KC Chiefs colors (that's right, yes? I don't follow baseball.), and people there either wear KC colors or no hat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    You found enough local ABDLs to do a study?

Sorry, but I have a feeling that the sample size wasn't that large.
    Actually, there are designs and methods that do not benefit from large sample sizes. SEM (Structural Equation Modeling) is one such method. I doubt this is being used, but I did want to point it out for accuracy.