Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABU complaints?

Default ABU complaints?

I have been reading all over the net that ABU's customer service sucks and that most people never get their product that they ordered. I realize that it is just a side business for the people that run it and that occasionally costs out weight profit, but come on we are all capitalists here you should be able to find a way to decrease costs and maintain revenue.

HAs anyone (here) ever reported the to the BBB or done anything more than complain about them? I realize that the BBB is a buch of slow ass mother fu----- but at least you take the initiative to file something against them.

I am not annoyed or anything I am just asking has anything more than just complaining been done?

Butterfly Mage

The Better Business Bureau is a paper tiger. But many credit card companies will, with some modicum of nagging, reverse the charge when the merchant absolutely fails to deliver the goods.

the problem with filing a complaint with a bank or credit card company is that you need to tell them what it was that you ordered.

Now what in the closet ABDL is going to say "well they are adult diapers, and they never shipped them"

The merchant is counting on that fear... DPF used to do the same thing as well. They bank on the thought that you would be too scared to call the bank or credit card company and explain that they ordered adult baby items.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    The Better Business Bureau is a paper tiger. But many credit card companies will, with some modicum of nagging, reverse the charge when the merchant absolutely fails to deliver the goods.
    My experience with having to do this was that it was nearly instant and not a problem at all for the company to reverse the charge. Usually they want some proof, but if you just tell them that the people are impossible to contact...they usually do it with no hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    the problem with filing a complaint with a bank or credit card company is that you need to tell them what it was that you ordered.

Now what in the closet ABDL is going to say "well they are adult diapers, and they never shipped them"

The merchant is counting on that fear... DPF used to do the same thing as well. They bank on the thought that you would be too scared to call the bank or credit card company and explain that they ordered adult baby items.
    No, you don't have to be specific about what you ordered. You can just say that you ordered a product from company X and they haven't delivered the goods and are not responding to all of your attempts to contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    When I was 19 I filed a BBB complaint against KCK Medical (you think ABU's customer service is bad? KCK is 100% worse), and only listed the product as "medical supplies" in my complaint. Not exactly the same as dealing with a company called "AB Universe", but it really isn't a big deal... All correspondence is online, and I doubt anyone from the BBB is going to blab to your friends that you wear diapers.

In my dealings with the BBB, including the situation above, they were able to help me get my proper order, or a refund.

As far as the issues with ABU:

1. About a year ago, they abandoned their business for several months. People were still placing orders (and having their credit/debit cards charged), and would not receive their orders for as much as 6 months later. I know some people that placed orders for cases ($60-70), and never received their order at all. They were blatantly ripped off.

2. They tend to be unresponsive to emails at times. Sometimes they email back in a day, sometimes never at all... Especially if your order is late. Responses for tracking number requests are a craps shoot, and don't even try to get anyone on the phone.

3. They have ties with a few websites that may or may not exploit children.

I got ripped off by them once, and someone that I recommended ABU to did as well. They won't see another penny from me, and I've been sure to let others know about their poor business ethics.

if you complain the guys at BBB can't and wont tease you or tell your friends that you wear/use Adult Baby items, to them it's simply another company coughing up what was promised, and another job for them to attend to.
    At least i know thats how customer affairs here in australia deal with things

i have never ordered from ABU for that fear. the BBB does some good i have 2 cases open one on pay pal and one on Bank Midwest

My friend is someone who placed an order (and I put in a request as part of it)...and they responded the next day to her email asking when they would be able to have an order delivered. Then, she made the order...and they've been impossible to get a hold of. At the moment, she's fortunate that her CC has not been charged...if it is, and they still don't respond, then she'll have to deal with it (I hope that it doesn't come to that). As it stands, she's basically written them off and isn't expecting her order to be filled...all she's doing is monitoring her CC to make sure that they don't charge her (unless they plan to fill the order).

BOOOOO to ABU.

DannyTheNinja

failing to respond to e-mails is totally unacceptable.

With the invent of Blackberrys and PDA's there is no reason for a company not to reply back with a "your order will ship on___" or have an autoresponder saying "our current response time is _____"