Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nobel Prize

Default Nobel Prize

Hello

I've just heard Obama won Nobel Prize for Peace. What do you think about it?

Did he deserved it or do you think there were other people who deserved it?

Since I don't live in america and what we get here about his operate is really a few, I don't think I can say "yes, he deserved it" or "no, he didn't deserved it".

I would like to hear your opinions
    Thanks everybody

Butterfly Mage

I don't think he earned it. And it's not like he's some ogre, since he's not. It's just the simple fact that he hasn't DONE ANYTHING in office. He promised to advance the cause of gay rights -- and he didn't. He promised to end the war -- and he didn't. He promised to close GitMo -- and he didn't. I just don't understand why he's receiving this award.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    I don't think he earned it. And it's not like he's some ogre, since he's not. It's just the simple fact that he hasn't DONE ANYTHING in office. He promised to advance the cause of gay rights -- and he didn't. He promised to end the war -- and he didn't. He promised to close GitMo -- and he didn't. I just don't understand why he's receiving this award.
    Not to mention that I believe it's far too early in his presidency to laud him with such an award. Not that he won't do great things, but he's still a fledgling president -- there are still yet a great many trials he'll need to endure over his next three (or seven) years.

Yeah, I partly agree with Buttterfly mage above. He told us he would do many things to imprve the world we live in, but most of those things have until now only been promisses. Maybe, at the end of his term, it is clearly that he does deserve it, but to give him the reward know is only because they expect a lot from him, not because he has done that much.

This one is certainly a puzzler. He's given a lot of speeches, but actions have been an odd mix with nothing significant resulting. Obviously he's impressed SOMEONE?

Maybe its as simple as some guy in Sweden with a man-crush?

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    ^This

The only thing he did for gays was make June National GLBT Month. All he's done for the war is give us a deadline on when our troops will leave. I heard he was going to close GitMo but haven't heard anything since.

He doesn't deserve it because he hasn't done anything good for us.

I wonder if he received it because he is the first black American president? In some ways, that would make sense. He had to overcome a lot of obstacles to achieve something most people would have considered impossible just a few years ago.

I suspect that the Noble committee will say why, and then we will know.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I wonder if he received it because he is the first black American president? In some ways, that would make sense. He had to overcome a lot of obstacles to achieve something most people would have considered impossible just a few years ago.
    If what you say is true, then we can all expect the first women president or the first gay president to get the award just because they overcame that obstical, regaurdless if they make a good president or not.

yeah.. i mean i like obama, i REALLY hope he does the USA a service but... cmon, a nobel peace prize.. to be fair, no, i think heneeds to do ABIT more than hesdone already.