Thread: Interesting number of unread posts

Default Interesting number of unread posts

I know I posted something like this before, but I can't for the life of me remember where the thread went...

SO.
    It's this morning, and I'm doing my usual daily stuff, getting the brady bunch theme song stuck in my head thanks to Katie, and I pop on over to adisc (I don't pop over or hop on over, I POP ON OVER. ...yes.) and what greets me?

151 Unread Posts since your last visit.

I lol'd and then nostalgia'd.

I felt it would be a decent meta-ish thread to discuss interesting numbers (and remember, no number is uninteresting because then what is the smallest such number?) that show up next to Unread Posts. It can be as small as 16 or 121 (second power of four and eleven, respectively) or as large as -1 (1 more than the largest signed number that can ever be displayed by a computer) but I prefer to talk about smaller numbers with more meaning attached to them.

To start the ball rolling, I'll give you two examples: 151 I mentioned before, and 512 I feel is worth mentioning again -- another power of two (ninth if I remember correctly) that showed up one day.

Xboxbaby

wtf...

@xboxbaby: NoobSauce is talking about pokemon for the 151 (Gotta catch em all). Even though I think the current number is 496.

Personally I don't really get large numbers, because Im online so much, but I remember someone (not sure who) posting a screenshot of 1337 unread posts.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post
    @xboxbaby: NoobSauce is talking about pokemon for the 151 (Gotta catch em all). Even though I think the current number is 496.

Personally I don't really get large numbers, because Im online so much, but I remember someone (not sure who) posting a screenshot of 1337 unread posts.
    493, thank you very much XD

I remember not being on for a decent amount of time and getting 666 for my unread posts.

I have gotten 247 unread many times.. I take it as a sign of sorts

Rarely does it get above 500 posts between.