Thread: Just got my PSPgo & Gran Turismo

Default Just got my PSPgo & Gran Turismo

Yay! I'm excited I just got my PSPgo & Gran Turismo!

Anyone else buy the PSPgo today?

Asher

To be completely honest with you, I didn't even know they were making a new PSP; this is a surprise to me.

http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/psp_go-480x362.jpg

Looks cool; just a bit more compact than the original. Reminds me a lot of a certain kind of cell phone...

I'm fine with my original PSP right now (yes, the first model. with custom firmware) I might get one of these someday though, but I'm not sure. And it would probably be a while if so.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I'm fine with my original PSP right now (yes, the first model. with custom firmware) I might get one of these someday though, but I'm not sure. And it would probably be a while if so.
    What he/she means is waiting till it gets hacked so he/she can play all his/her old games on it. :P

To me I think that the psp go is pointless. You have to download all of your game no UMD's

Quote Originally Posted by baby_mike View Post
    To me I think that the psp go is pointless. You have to download all of your game no UMD's
    Downloading the games is actully better since it ditchs UMDs which caused many problems. The first being shitty battery life since the UMD disc needs to spin well loading. The 2nd is you need a spinning disc drive and a laser lens all which are moving parts which are more prone to breaking down then say a stationary memory card. Lastly, UMD's don't hold a lot of data and in say 6 years 32 GB memory cards are going to be the standard, thats a little less then a single layer blu-ray disc.

I say within about 20 years Blu-ray will be outdated and everything will be on flash memory chips, most commonly SD cards or even micro SD cards. Sony is awesome for finally leting people ditch UMD's, their only problem is we don't need the PSP Go when the PSP already has a slot for a memory card and can already download games.

Also when you take features out (like major ones see UMD), your product should cost less... not more. So yep, Sony is still falling.

Little ollie

Gah I just want grand turismo to come out for the ps3.

I wonder how easy the pspgo will be to mod.

PspGo way too expensive for its "upgrades" over the other psp's