Thread: New arts!!

Default New arts!!

New art from your local sissycoon. Enjoy and comment. And yes I'm a chubby coon.

You drew both of those? They looks quite different.

Your at a novice level of artistic skill, I think. You have a few things in your favour... I can tell your hands are steady and your somewhat adept at shading, so I can gather drawing is at least a minor hobby for you. But all in all I'd say your around average in skill for someone starting out... Not naturally gifted with an understanding of anatomy, but not so far off as to have an enormous hurdle to overcome.

The second picture is noticeably better than the first in terms of proportion and anatomy, but that's something you ought to work on. Especially in the first picture, several things seem slightly off... Most notably the legs are too short and the arms too long. You should also increase the size of the hips; fat doesn't just situate in the tummy after all.

I prefer the second one... The pose shows emotion and a shyness, and the age is much more clear.

All in all I'd say you have a ways to go to be really good, but you can make it with practice. Hope you don't mind the critique ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Especially in the first picture, several things seem slightly off... Most notably the legs are too short and the arms too long. You should also increase the size of the hips; fat doesn't just situate in the tummy after all.
    Well talking from experience I can say most fat does situate around the midsection lol.

But anyways I do see a novice artist and with time and practice you'll figure it out. Advice go to a book store and buy a book on Human anatomy seeing as your characters are anthro's so it would be benificial to show you perspectives of the body. Your muzzle work on the 3/4 turn of the head needs a bit more practice its slightly way to centered and your trying to show depth and it is visable by your shading. Keep at it hun and you'll get better with time. I do like both artworks btw you have similar traits I used to have with my artwork when I first started.

Thank you both. Advice is always welcome. ^-^

i'm impressed really...heck i love all cub art. bring on some more ^^

Thanks Tavi. ^-^