Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers at the Dr's office

Default Diapers at the Dr's office

So how many people have gone to a Dr's visit while padded, and to clarify I mean in the situation where your Dr wasn't previously aware that you wore diapers. I'm guessing that if you're incontinent chances are you've already discussed it with your Dr so wearing a diaper to a Dr's visit in that case wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

If anyone has already posted something similar, my apologies, I searched the past threads but didn't find anything similar.

Last week I had forgotten about an appointment I had made with my Chiropractor after work and I went to work diapered before realizing it. My schedule was super busy and there was no way I would be able to cancel or change the appt (or out of my clean diaper for that matter).

It was a very different experience because he adjusted my lower back and hips and he (obviously) had to apply pressure directly on the diapered area of my hips & low back. That was the first time anyone has touched the "diaper zone" and I don't think he realized I had a diaper on although I'm sure he hesitated like things didn't quite feel right.

Now I'm not saying it did anything for me or anything like that but it was an interesting experience and I thought I would share and see if anyone else has ever been in a similar situation.

angelabauer

All of my physicians are well-aware that I am profoundly urinary incontinent, so the fact of my diapers does not shock them.

Several years ago when Pampers started selling Cruisers I found by cutting off the side flaps and leg cuffs Size 4 Cruisers are the most effective slip-in pads I have tried. The first time my usual urologist's PA nearly giggled seeing the Cruiser cartoons. I gave her a new one from my purse. A month later during my routine urology check-up that same Physician's Assistant told me she had tried Cruisers herself, then recommended them to other patients. Nobody at my internist's office commented about the Cruisers.

Well a lot of time (even when one is incontinent) one finds themselves in situations like that. Such as I when I was having "trouble" during the day. I did find myself wearing (out of caution) to all my visits. From the my regular doctor to the ultrasound, to my urologist. Of course the ultrasound will be someone new... so they had no idea about it. But as for the others... (my regular doctor and my urologist... that was the first time that they had actually seen me in my diaper... and first time that I actually wore around them in it.)

Very weird for me. But not for them. It might be because they are use to it or it may be because they know I wear at night...and understood why I was wearing now. But yes for the ultrasound it was definitely new.. but they were very discreet about it and just pushed it down and out of the way to do the procedure without anything being said.

I am sure others who are incontinent during the day experience this type of situation a lot... for they are seeing different doctors for different situations and those doctors don't necessary know about their situation.

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by angelabauer View Post
    All of my physicians are well-aware that I am profoundly urinary incontinent, so the fact of my diapers does not shock them.

Several years ago when Pampers started selling Cruisers I found by cutting off the side flaps and leg cuffs Size 4 Cruisers are the most effective slip-in pads I have tried. The first time my usual urologist's PA nearly giggled seeing the Cruiser cartoons. I gave her a new one from my purse. A month later during my routine urology check-up that same Physician's Assistant told me she had tried Cruisers herself, then recommended them to other patients. Nobody at my internist's office commented about the Cruisers.
    *hugs Angela*

Aww... i'm sure you were adorable ^^

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by gaarafan4 View Post
    *hugs Angela*

Aww... i'm sure you were adorable ^^
    Thanks so much Gaarafan. Usually when I am dressed as a responsible adult on the outside, especially in Court, I doubt most folks consider me all that adorable. Maybe the staff at my various physicians like me better. I go out of my way to treat them nicely.

GaashaHuzzah

Thanks so much Gaarafan. Usually when I am dressed as a responsible adult on the outside, especially in Court, I doubt most folks consider me all that adorable. Maybe the staff at my various physicians like me better. I go out of my way to treat them nicely.
    They -secretly- think you're adorable ^^

Both the Cruisers 7's and Luvs 6's help save me a lot of money in costs associated with my condition. As I have stated before, they are the most discrete product available for light protection.

Honeywell6180

One time I sprained (almost broke) my wrist from a bike accident. At that time I was wearing a goodnite. My mom said they might need to x-ray my wrist. I was so terrified that the x-ray machine would see it, so I came up with some excuse for my mom to go get something while I waited in the van, took the goodnite off, and threw it in the back of the van until after the doctor's appointment.

If the Goodnites are all the way up to your wrists, then try a smaller size...or read the instructions on where to put them for maximum protection *smile*