Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Clinton changes stance on gay marriage

Default Bill Clinton changes stance on gay marriage

Just heard on the radio that Bill Clinton now supports gay marriage and gay adoption. Good on him.

Bill Clinton changes mind, supports gay marriage

Didn't he already support gay adoption (according to the article)?

Anyway: yay!

An old white man aproves of gay marriage... It's a sign of the aplocolips!

But in all seriusness that's cool.

What I'm thinking is that if he had this stance during his presidency, don't ask don't tell would have never occured. At least things are getting better. Hopefully this can start some progressive influence in the government concerning future propositions. I just think that for him it is just too little too late to make a bigger influence out of his views.

Butterfly Mage

It's easy for him to support gay marriage now that he's not president anymore and can no longer incur the wrath of the Religious Reich. But he's the architect of the Defense of Marriage Act and "Don't Ask Don't Tell".

He doesn't get forgiven by me so easily. He talks a good game, but when he had the power to actually do some good he chose to stab the gay community between the shoulder blades instead.

Not to mention that, if he's not president, who really gives a flying fuck? A semi-active politician who doesn't have much say (and who can't even adhere to his own marriage vows) supporting gay marriage is about as important as a wart on my ass, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Not to mention that, if he's not president, who really gives a flying fuck? A semi-active politician who doesn't have much say (and who can't even adhere to his own marriage vows) supporting gay marriage is about as important as a wart on my ass, frankly.
    He's an ex-president...people care a LOT what he has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by babymick21 View Post
    He's an ex-president...people care a LOT what he has to say.
    An unfortunate circumstance, really. Our presidents are elected to a maximum of eight years for a reason -- any further influence they have beyond that should be taken with a very huge grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    An unfortunate circumstance, really. Our presidents are elected to a maximum of eight years for a reason -- any further influence they have beyond that should be taken with a very huge grain of salt.
    No less a grain of salt than any other 'expert' no? Are they not uniquely qualified to continue to have opinions? They've been in the big chair (yeah, star trek reference) and at the helm of the entire country. They're professional statemen and I'll take their opinion over most pundit "experts" any day.

I don't really know what changed his mind at all. I think he might just be jumping on the band wagon so his friends don't leave him behind or even so he can get in the news.

Either way, it wouldn't be the first time he or any president lied. If this has a effect on anyone they are sort of a sheep aren't they? I mean if he changes stances, then one of his "fans" do aren't they what we call a sheep in this country?