Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought a new guitar

Default I bought a new guitar

A 2004 Squier Telecaster Custom for $200

I paid half today so I'll have it by next weekend

My birthday present to myself I guess

Asher

Nice guitar man! ...and a good price too!

... I think my dad used to play a Squier at one time; I'm going have to ask him later

I really want a flat out metal machine but that'll have to come later on

Sweet deal, man. I'm in the process of selling my electric because I don't use it anymore. Still got the ol acoustic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Sweet deal, man. I'm in the process of selling my electric because I don't use it anymore. Still got the ol acoustic though.
    There's a Harmony acoustic at the local shop for $50 I'm thinking about buying

The Squire is one of the best deals out there. It has a very good sound for what it costs. I bought one for my son when he wanted to play guitar.

I was also thinking about getting a metal guitar (Razorback Explosion, explorer style not V) but when I found out the price I realised i'd have to settle for an Ibanez for 200

That squire sounds really cool + that really is a sweet deal!

Seeing as you like metal, are you gonna leave the single coil pickups on it or change 1 for a humbucker?

I'm sure you will have fun with your new guitar. Squier is a good deal. Not bad at all, good finish and not too expensive.

I play a squier vintage modified Jazz Bass (plugged to an Ashdown "perfect ten"), and I love it! Nothing compared to the old Stagg I used to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabesissybaby92 View Post
    I was also thinking about getting a metal guitar (Razorback Explosion, explorer style not V) but when I found out the price I realised i'd have to settle for an Ibanez for 200

That squire sounds really cool + that really is a sweet deal!

Seeing as you like metal, are you gonna leave the single coil pickups on it or change 1 for a humbucker?
    Just picked her up about an hour ago, plugged her into my old Fender 2x12, and that was it...

This is by far the best guitar I have ever touched for $200

The Telecaster Custom is basically a Fender-ized Les Paul Standard

Mine's got two chrome covered PAF pickups

I always wanted a metal machine, but couldn't even dream of affording a rig... (then I got a job) You can use any guitar for metal really, it's mostly the amp. I got a used Peavey 5150 on eBay. It's all tube, and sounds orgasmic... I threw away my crappy distortion pedals!

Just switched my EMGs in my Les Paul (Epiphone... Shhhh!) today, now the 85 is in the bridge. (it sounds better) and I want to try the 18v mod, but I can't fit another battery...