Thread: Try to convive/motivate me to buy the Hawkings HWDN1 Wireless Networking Dish

Default Try to convive/motivate me to buy the Hawkings HWDN1 Wireless Networking Dish

I want this wifi dish to take on trips and use in hotels that only have 1 transmitter. But It Still Has Not Happened. I wanted to buy this 10 months and 3 trips ago. Tell me your experiences and ways this model (Or similar models from same company) have saved you/hooked you up with wireless internet And I want you to REALLY try to motivate to buy this $120 WiFi dish.

Why? It's not like too many people would use any specific model. And even then, why would they care what others use?

Ask yourself: If you need random people on the Internet to convince you to buy it, are you sure you actually want it?

I never got the point of the topic. It's your money. Spend it however you like. As long as you've got it kicking it around. But I would advise to spend it on something else.

Although, what's the rated gain on that thing? I think you'd be better off making your own antenna. Might be fun and interesting experience. Be cheaper than $120 even if you were using all materials new and bought. But it's worth asking 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz? You'd most likely to be seeing 2.4 g equipment.

My Honest advice though, is to leave the laptop at home and get a book. Much cheaper, decent power up time and battery run time. Even if you need the occasional light here and there in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post
    Why? It's not like too many people would use any specific model. And even then, why would they care what others use?

Ask yourself: If you need random people on the Internet to convince you to buy it, are you sure you actually want it?
    I am asking about anyone who has bought any Networking Dish model from Hawkings Technology.

Yes, I would like people on this forum to motivate me to buy it. Yes I actually want it, and, I have wanted it for ten months. but I need the motivation to actually save up the money.

Quote Originally Posted by betagame View Post
    but I need the motivation to actually save up the money.
    You already do have motivation, your just not following though on it.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by betagame View Post
    I am asking about anyone who has bought any Networking Dish model from Hawkings Technology.

Yes, I would like people on this forum to motivate me to buy it. Yes I actually want it, and, I have wanted it for ten months. but I need the motivation to actually save up the money.
    You want it, buy it. No need to make a thread about not buying it.

That's like a footballer stopping before scoring a goal telling the crowd he/she wants a mexican wave from them before they'll take the shot.

Poitnless and idiotic.

I don't think the forum is gonna hold your hand whilst you buy it, nor are we gonna stand in the background going:

"Doooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit."

*Head desk.*

It should work ok, but if your laptop has Wireless n, it's probably not worthwhile. Wireless n has a lot better range, and aeriels in laptops loop all the way around the body and the lid, giving fantastic signal strength.

Nothing wrong with this kit, but I do warn you that it may be unnessacery, since packet drops usually happen at <40% signal strength, which makes it pointless if it can't boost your signal and just looks cool.
    Last edited by Spirit; 29-Sep-2009 at 05:11.