Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: They're, There, and Their, and There's

Default They're, There, and Their, and There's

Since I see so many people on the internet mis-using their there's, I thought i'd help out and teach at least my fellow diaper peoples how to use all four of them effectivley.

Here are all the "There's" used in sentences.

THERE'S some people over THERE, and THEY'RE all having fun in THEIR diapers.

THEIR diapers smell so bad, THEY'RE moving the garbage can over THERE where THERE'S less people.

THERE'S no possible way I could use all of the "THERE'S" in another sentence, Unless of course I got a couple of THEIR commas, but THEY'RE running out fast so I have to get THERE early and get them before THEY'RE gone.

Maybe that could be a little way to remember. As you can see (THEY'RE) is what you use when you are refering to people. (THERE) is what you would use if you were refering to a place. And (THEIR) is refering to something that people own, (like the diapers on their butts).

Hope this helps, I'm just tired of seeing them used the wrong way all the time. I sometimes feel like i'm the only one who payed attention in my English class. You have to capitalize English too, because it's a language or some reason...

-DBB

EmeraldsAndLime

Or rather... for those who haven't picked it up...

THERE - A place or location. "Over there!"

THEIR - Used for ownership. "It's their cake."

THEY'RE - Contraction for 'They are'. "They're coming this way."

THERE'S - Contraction for 'There is'. "There's no cake left."

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    THERE'S some people over THERE, and THEY'RE all having fun in THEIR diapers.

THEIR diapers smell so bad, THEY'RE moving the garbage can over THERE where THERE'S less people.
    Unfortunately, your "there's" was used incorrectly, in both of the above sentences, grammatically incorrect that is. The actual wording should have read:

There ARE some people.....

and
    ......where there ARE fewer people.

Nice try tho'!

there's works where he put them :-\ since there's is a contraction of there is... grammatically he's correct although its not the normal way to type it.

there's should really never be used.

I am pretty sure I use my their/there's/they're right. I may have slipped up a few times, but I try to watch where I put them, and that I use them correctly. =P

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    Unfortunately, your "there's" was used incorrectly, in both of the above sentences, grammatically incorrect that is. The actual wording should have read:

There ARE some people.....

and
    ......where there ARE fewer people.

Nice try tho'!
    Dang ayanna! Must you always spoil my fun?

Quote Originally Posted by handfulofoats View Post
    there's works where he put them :-\ since there's is a contraction of there is... grammatically he's correct although its not the normal way to type it.

there's should really never be used.
    Just because it is a contraction doesn't make it grammatically correct.

One would never say "There is some people" or "there is fewer people" but rather one would say "there are some people" or "there are fewer people". Thus, using the contraction and saying "there's some people" or "there's fewer people" is still grammatically incorrect!

And to Chromos...Yes

On that.. is "There're" actually a contraction? Because I use it lots :O

How the hell are you supposed to pronounces that psuedo-contraction... looks like good psuedo-english to read but a i can't hear it spoken...

I generally use them right and when I don't it is because I'm not thinking when I'm writing...

I say it like um.. "Ther-a". Kinda like you're saying "There", just with an "A" at the end.
    Guess that means it isn't actually a valid contraction XD