Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Letter...

Default A Letter...

Okay, I am thinking that for the end of my senior year, writing a letter to this person that has meant a lot to me over the past four years. Not like a goo-bye letter, but more of a "thank you" letter, for lack of a better word. I just want to let her know how much she meant to me over our "Tour of Duty" Nothing creepy, but just a way to let her know what she meant to me over the years. What would be the best thing to call this letter? Would I just be better off telling this to her in person?

Above all...does this sounds like a good idea? Has anyone else ever done this before???

It's not a good idea. I assume its a girl from your previous posts. She'll laugh at you. She'll show it to her mates, and to your face be all 'aww that's so cute!' and to her mates me like 'omg that's so weird!!'.

I don't mean to be harsh, but it is NOT a good idea unless you want to be put through abject humiliation!

Quote Originally Posted by talula View Post
    It's not a good idea. I assume its a girl from your previous posts. She'll laugh at you. She'll show it to her mates, and to your face be all 'aww that's so cute!' and to her mates me like 'omg that's so weird!!'.

I don't mean to be harsh, but it is NOT a good idea unless you want to be put through abject humiliation!
    Oh please, that won't happen unless she's a jerk. I had a boy write me a letter saying the same thing, and it was really nice. I think this is a great idea, and that you could call it a personal letter.

I've done that for people before, and it didn't turn out badly.
    No humiliation, just a moment of honest communication...
    I say go for it if you want to. ^_^
    And I agree with link..."personal letter" sounds alright to me.

I have no experience with these sort of things so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I'd say, if the reason for wanting to write the letter is that she's been nice and supportive to you for four years, I cannot imagine her acting all weird over it. Then again, I don't know the specifics of your relationship with her but maybe it'd be better to just say it instead of writing a letter.
    Either way, do whatever you think is best and goodluck =p.

Sweetheart, it would be a very very kind thing of you to do. It would be a moment to show you that you really care, and a letter is something that she could keep and look back on for a long time, taken that it doesn't get lost or anything.

I would agree that it is not a bad idea at all. If the person has been as kind enough to thank them, then they wouldn't mock you. Most people would probably appreciate being complimented in such a way. Just make sure it doesn't sound creepy.

She could also say "aww that's cute" and after tell her friends your weird, but what she will not tell to them is that she's going to keep the letter because it has touch is heart.

I plan to give it to her at the end of this year, my senior year. I want to make it really really touching to her, to let her know what she ment to me ove the years.

Just make sure it doesnt start with, "I'm sitting here at my computer desk, looking over all your pictures on facebook, and looking back over all the fond memories we had. I see you live on 438 Killarney Dr. apartment number 8..."