Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can wearing diaper lower your sperm count?

Default Can wearing diaper lower your sperm count?

I ma a 36 year old man and I have to wear diapers at night to control my bedwetting. I also use pullups or a diaper during the day (depending on my activities). My wife and I are are so far trying unsucessfully to have kids ( only been trying for about 4 months). She is wondering if my wearing diapers could in some way lower my sperm count? Does anyone have any knowledge on this matter?

Mesmerale

I'm gonna go ahead and say that, in the long term, it cannot. (If you're wearing 24/7 though, it could have some sort of an effect.)

This is probably a thread that you should read up on too: Do you think wearing diapers can cause male infertility?
    Last edited by Mesmerale; 19-Sep-2009 at 19:57.

I'm not an expert... but I've heard that keeping your testicles in a warm enviroment isn't good for the spermcount/strength...

Well wearing whitey-tighty type underwear is supposed to, so I'm sure diapers aren't much better. It's not the only determining factor. What you should really do is go to a clinic and get a test or whatever. You could have some genetic thing for all you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    Well wearing whitey-tighty type underwear is supposed to
    MYTH! Scientific study has concluded that the decrease is so insignificant, that it's not even worth mentioning. The media takes things like that and runs wild with it.

Even if your sperm count is lowered, you're still producing millions of sperm. I don't think you're the one to blame for this lack of conception. However, I think if you're serious about having children you both should get examined to see if you're entirely capable of reproducing. Later on, if you're still unable to succeed, you could always consider adoption.

DannyTheNinja

This has definitely been asked before as noted by Mes. It's a valid question though.

Without going into too much detail, the testes need to be cool to produce healthy sperm, and produce enough to result in pregnancy. If you are wearing a diaper, there's not a lot of breathing room in there, especially if you're wet, which you probably are a good part of the time judging by your circumstances. The same thing happens when guys wear skinny jeans.

I would try wearing cloth diapers at night for two weeks or so, and cutting out the diapers during the day if your circumstances permit. Cloth diapers tend to be cooler and much more breathable.

That said, everybody's different. The best thing to do if you're looking for this kind of advice is probably to talk to your doctor.

--Danny

OMG! I really hope not. BTW..who's really in for counting sperm!!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyJohn View Post
    I ma a 36 year old man and I have to wear diapers at night to control my bedwetting. I also use pullups or a diaper during the day (depending on my activities). My wife and I are are so far trying unsucessfully to have kids ( only been trying for about 4 months). She is wondering if my wearing diapers could in some way lower my sperm count? Does anyone have any knowledge on this matter?
    Keeping that bit of you warm, is GOOD for preservation of sperm. Only extreme heat like a hot tub will kill 'em (or extreme cold, why do you think that part tucks up into you when you go swimming?). The Vikings used to use the super heated baths as a form of birth control but even that was pretty ineffective.

Also you're 36, not 13. The world is painfully ironic; teens who can't handle a child get pregnant just by looking at the opposite sex funny and mature adults have to try for years and sometimes just can't at all. Before you go trying to play doctor and diagnose yourself, go see a doctor. You'll save yourself a lot of time... and keep your diapers loose.

Go try invetro That might help. You could or your wife could just not be a viable type to get preggy.