View Poll Results: Do you think diapers sewn together in quilts are more effective than other materials?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this is a great material for making quilts with and will make the person really warm.

    2 15.38%
  • No, this would make the person colder and is not a good quilt making material.

    11 84.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Do People Put Diapers inside of Quilts so it will be warmer than other materials??

  1. #1

    Question Do People Put Diapers inside of Quilts so it will be warmer than other materials??

    When Visiting my aunt in Alberta Canada, back in April, I was sleeping in this old bed, and when the quilt moved, there was a cheap plastic crinkle, and tapes snapping. I knew there were cheap diapers quilted together inside. There was probably a case of diapers that was ordered for her son, that didn't fit. who I think is a *B, because of the locked plastic suitcase in his room. but I wont go on a tangent about how I have thoughts that my cousins are *BDLs. I am wondering if anyone else used perfectly good unused right-out-of-the-bag diapers sewn together in your quilts, And if you do, is it better than fabrics

  2. #2

    Default

    Well, in my opinion, diapers inside of a quilt that could possibly get wet is a really bad idea. The polymers will soak up the liquid and turn into gel. Yeah, not fun. So, no, I don't think I would ever use diapers in quilting. Cotton wool batting is fine for me.

    As for your cousin possibly being a *B, I wouldn't really suspect that if I saw a locked suitcase in somebody's room. I'd just think "oooooh, porn and or sex toys" and then walk away. I mean, it's possible, but probably not likely. However, if you have other evidence, I'd like to hear it!

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNei View Post
    Well, in my opinion, diapers inside of a quilt that could possibly get wet is a really bad idea. The polymers will soak up the liquid and turn into gel. Yeah, not fun. So, no, I don't think I would ever use diapers in quilting. Cotton wool batting is fine for me.
    If you took them out when you washed the cover and put them back in after the cover was done, then it wouldn't be a bad idea. Unless you had a bedwetter wetting that quilt without protection that would be a bad idea.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by betagame View Post
    When Visiting my aunt in Alberta Canada, back in April, I was sleeping in this old bed, and when the quilt moved, there was a cheap plastic crinkle, and tapes snapping. I knew there were cheap diapers quilted together inside. There was probably a case of diapers that was ordered for her son, that didn't fit. who I think is a *B, because of the locked plastic suitcase in his room. but I wont go on a tangent about how I have thoughts that my cousins are *BDLs. I am wondering if anyone else used perfectly good unused right-out-of-the-bag diapers sewn together in your quilts, And if you do, is it better than fabrics
    Did you know beforehand that there are diapers inside...Or did you hear the crinkle and automatically assume that there were diapers inside?



    Quote Originally Posted by betagame View Post
    If you took them out when you washed the cover and put them back in after the cover was done, then it wouldn't be a bad idea. Unless you had a bedwetter wetting that quilt without protection that would be a bad idea.
    That sounds like a huge pain in the ass removing all the diapers each time you want to wash it. You might as well spend the few dollars for some stuffing and put it in there.

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Error404

    Default

    I'ma go ahead and call bullshit. Disposables can't be washed and retain scent more than normal stuff, they'd also put chemicals into your bedspread and sheets. Hardly an ideal idea...And sewing them together? They'd NEVER hold! Diapers are biodegradable and GUARANTEED to start breaking apart after even a month of your tossing and turning in bed.

  7. #7

    Default

    Cloth Diapers (which can be nothing more than layers of flannel), MAYBE. Never disposables (for all the aforementioned reasons).

    The crinkling noise you were hearing may have been whatever material was used for the interfacing of the quilt. It is used to strengthen the quilt and help tie all the pieces into one unit, since everything is stitched through it while building the quilt.
    Last edited by Lil Snap; 19-Sep-2009 at 15:13. Reason: spelling no good at 3 am

  8. #8
    Elli

    Default

    I cannot imagine why anyone would put diapers inside a quilt! If it's not warm enough, just add a blanket!

    I would be very confused and a bit unsettled if I found someone had put diapers in a quilt I was using. They would absorb sweat, but not dry and air like normal cloth, plus they wrinkle up, they aren't flat, and they aren't a shape that fits together neatly. I would be as likely to do this as I would to put newspapers or toilet roll in a quilt. Nope.

    Anyhow, interesting suggestion! You seem not to want to go into detail about your cousins and your suspicions, which is ok, don't say any more than you are comfortable to, but it does sound like you may be speculating rather a lot of conclusions. Back track a bit, and think of other possible reasons for these things. But if you have, and this is what you've discovered, then I'll just have to agree that it's a strange thing you've found, and recommend extra blankets for warmth!

  9. #9

  10. #10

    Default

    Even though it sounds like an interesting idea I would have to say no, because like everybody has said, the SAP's(Super Absorbent Polymers) will turn to gel and get chemicals all over the quilt when they get washed as they are made from the polymerization of acrylic acid blended with sodium hydroxide in the presence of an intiator to form a poly-acrylic acid sodium salt, also known as sodium polyacrylate. If you want a warm quilt, might I suggest flannel with wool stuffing. And also, what you are hearing might be the liner used to hold the stuffing.
    Last edited by MetalHeadTiffany; 20-Sep-2009 at 00:08.

Similar Threads

  1. Guy gets his head inside an elephant's ass
    By Calico in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14-Mar-2009, 07:55
  2. Wipe Warmer
    By diapernh in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 31-Dec-2008, 20:05
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-Dec-2008, 02:34
  4. my assumption to why people like baby diapers
    By kite in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-Jun-2008, 00:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.