Thread: Secure X-plus and Bambino Classic

Default Secure X-plus and Bambino Classic

I know this post has been done before... But I am still not sure if there was a complete answer. I am confused. Is the bambino classic the same as the secure xplus. Or is it better? The case prices are the same price so I want to get the better one. If they are both the same... which ones should I get?

Thanks a lot.

never tried bambino before, but i love the secure x pluses they are my main diaper

Well, I wore bambino to bed last night and am wearing sexure x-plus right now . Honestly I like both, and they are not the same. They are, however, pretty similar.

I generally prefer the x-plus, as it's a little thicker and more absorbent, whereas the bambino is a little thinner and softer. Really, you can't go too far wrong either way.

I like secures X plus, but on me the medium fits low, I like a higher fitting diaper, I don't know of the bambino fits the same.

And I'm not big or fat at all.

i have specimens of both xplusses and bambinos in my closet right now, and i have compared them side-by-side. they're virtually identical, and i don't think there's any difference in the thickness or absorbency. get the bambinos if you want the cute patterns. they're the same price, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by avery View Post
    i have specimens of both xplusses and bambinos in my closet right now, and i have compared them side-by-side. they're virtually identical, and i don't think there's any difference in the thickness or absorbency. get the bambinos if you want the cute patterns. they're the same price, after all.
    Thanks a ton everyone. I don't mind about the cuteness... they will be used at night. Just trying find the best night time ones. Although if they work out and they are cool... I will use them for night... and use them for fun use during the day. (when I get a case pack). Muahaha.

Well I ordered my Secure X-pluses today. Hopefully they work for my nighttime diaper. Very pleased with them though. They should be here tomorrow. I ordered them on the weekend (and I know most places don't do anything on the weekend) So they processed them today and were shipped out already. They should be here tomorrow. Awesome. Just in time too... i ordered too close... running out of diapers. lol

Well I slept in them last night... and they didn't leak. They definitly do seam to run small. I am a 32-34 inch waist and I am wearing there mediums. Definitely snug and low rise diaper. I don't really need to worry about that for my night diapers... but for those of you who want to wear during the day. I think the area where you put the tapes... may make the diaper so it is not as comfortable as it could be.

Although than that I seem happy so far. I will give it a week, and if no leaks. I will then have to decide between these and 24/7s. The 24/7s definitely are a lot softer and I think quite a bit more comfortable. Although I did not have trouble falling asleep with these secures.

I would probably base my decision on price per diaper because I only use one per night. And if I can fall asleep with a cheaper diaper that doesn't leak... well then that shall be it. Oh and the discreation and fastness of delivery was awesome as well. Had it sent to UPS store for being held. (like always)

There's a few differences between secure and bambino.
    Outer: they both have the tape zone but the plastic is different. The secure has a more softer plastic comparable to abena and has a wetness indicater. The bambino doesn't have wetness indicater. The bambino has an older type of plastic.

Inside: The liners in the diapers are totally different. (The stuff that keeps the gel from your skin. The secure x-plus has a blue liner that's not so soft. But it helps you feel drier. The bambino just has a soft liner that's really soft actually. It has little aborbtion dots that help it transfer the liquid into the padding. Big bambino win there.

Absorbancy: The bambino edges the secure in this. Secure has less SAP gel than bambino. The gel swells a lot and beats Abena and Secure.

If you get by the case you get a pretty good deal for bambinos. Either the Bianco or Classico works very well.