Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Times Diaper Company Review

Default Changing Times Diaper Company Review

I've noticed there have been a couple threads inquiring about Changing Times Diaper Company. I just received a cloth prefold & Lang plastic pants from CTDC, so I thought I'd share.

I'm fairly new to cloth; this is my first prefold. I've used toddler-sized Gerber flat-fold gauze diapers as stuffers before, and have tried pocket diapers made by Snap-Ez 4 Life (excellent, but not as thick as I need for nighttime use)

The CTDC cloth prefolds are listed as a diaper-service quality (DSQ) Chinese prefold. The fabric is listed as 'diaper twill,' which doesn't sound especially comfortable until you try it. These things are SOFT and get softer with washing; they also 'quilt up' and get kinda fluffy. They put the Gerber flat-folds to shame. I was going to stuff the pre-fold with the flat folds, but decided against it because the Gerber diapers just felt so scratchy compared to the CTDC diaper. The stitching and material is quality; I expect they will last a long time with proper care.

The Lang plastic pants also seem well-made: heavyweight vinyl, reasonably soft. The leg gathers area little scratchy, but they may soften up in time. I don't know if I'll purchase more vinyl pants. I'm saving up my money for the Bumkins adult-size diaper wrap that CTDC has in the works.

If anyone is unfamiliar with Bumkins--they are a well-regarded company that produces cloth diapers for children using PUL as a waterproof layer. The advantage of PUL is that it is very durable, machine washable, and has a wide selection of colorful prints. The prints are being brought over to the adult line (there are already printed pull-on plastic pants and bibs), and the owner of CTDC has expressed interest in having some of the Dr. Suess prints made in adult sizes .

Finally, the owner of CTDC is a great guy--he's really invested in making sure his products are the best they can be and ensuring that his customers are happy. He is the one who contacted Bumkins about adapting their line to adult sizes and who has been in constant communication with them, trying out prototypes (some of which are sent to customers, free of charge, to test & give feedback) and addressing any problems with the design. Apparently adapting baby-sized items to adult sizes can be tricky. I don't know if he is AB/DL aware, however. Check out the site here: Changing Times

Bottom line: high-quality items, responsive customer service, reasonable prices and fair shipping make this exclusive seller of Bumkins adult range an excellent choice for cloth diapers and plastic/PUL/nylon pants.

I might have to check these out. Thanks for the heads up.

They seem to be more in tune with people who have disabilities. So often, you see sites that offer similar products who only cater to the fetish crowd, and those who actually need these products get left out.

Honeywell6180

I love the name, and being interested in cloth, these may be the ones I end up trying. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    They seem to be more in tune with people who have disabilities. So often, you see sites that offer similar products who only cater to the fetish crowd, and those who actually need these products get left out.

Honeywell6180
    I perfer sites like this one or XP medical. The best way to find quality diapers are the people that not only sell them but use them as well. Though bambino's are awesome, asides for the much higher cost.

Thanks for the review. I've been looking at the cloth diapers and bumpkins products on this site for some time. Although I noticed the leg sizes listed on the Bumpkins pants seem to be too small (I can't stand tight leg gathers that cut into my skin). I used to wear Lang pants about 15 years ago and I like the fact that they carry them. I remember them to be pretty good pants, although I also remember the leg gathers to be a little tight on me.

You also mentioned Snap Ez 4 Life pocket diapers. I've been wanting to try these for some time too. If you don't mind me asking, what sizes do you wear? I always seem to be between sizes, usually between small and medium. One of these days I will switch over from disposables to cloth for daytime use.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    I love the name, and being interested in cloth, these may be the ones I end up trying. Thanks for the info.
    Ditto, I've been on the lookout for where I'm gonna buy my first Cloth padding. I'm still very worried about the size specifications however. I know I can just measure myself and purchase accordingly, but I've heard of people who have taken proper precautions and found their fit to not match to the website's sizing charts. Then of course you can't just send them back, you're left screwed with either something too big or too small. This wouldn't be as big of a problem with disposables, but with cloth it is because it's way more expensive and permanent.

Bambinos, I will admit, have a good taping system. They can get a little uncomfortable at the sides if you are of a slim build, however. I also don't care for the looks of the Classico, as the taping panel looks a bit tacky. The sad part of all of this, is that neither Secure Care nor their subsidiary are directly targeting those who actually need their products. But rather, Secure Care seems to use a one size fits all marketing approach while Bambino makes absolutely NO mention of any use for medical purposes. Those actions are what essentially shuts out people with developmental disabilities.

On the other hand, some of these companies that sell cloth diapers aim directly to the neurosensory issues of those who have special needs. They seem to have a reasonable understanding of their audience. Note that the colors and patterns of the outer garments, while inviting and cute, are not insulting or degrading in any way that I know of, and they certainly don't appear to play on the fetish scene directly. The buyer is left to their own discretion, while those with disabilities are especially welcome. This is indeed some good news for once.

Honeywell6180

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    The best way to find quality diapers are the people that not only sell them but use them as well.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Although I noticed the leg sizes listed on the Bumpkins pants seem to be too small (I can't stand tight leg gathers that cut into my skin).

You also mentioned Snap Ez 4 Life pocket diapers. I've been wanting to try these for some time too. If you don't mind me asking, what sizes do you wear?
    About the Bumkins leg gathers: I agree, the size range is too small. That's why I didn't get the PUL and instead went with the Lang pants. I found the waist and leg gathers on the medium Lang pant to be 'just right.' There are apparently enough complaints about the leg gathers on the PUL pants being too small that the owner of CTDC is considering having another version with larger leg holes made, starting with the XL+ sizes (couldn't hurt to send an e-mail requesting larger leg holes for the smaller sizes, just so he knows that there is a demand).

I have Snap EZ 4 Life pocket diapers in medium. Just follow the sizing guide on their site very closely. It gave me a good fit. But keep in mind that if you would like to put more than a couple stuffers in the diaper, you may want to go up a size (provided that you are still within range for the leg gather sizes). I can comfortably fit two stuffers in mine--three if I fasten it on the last snap. More than that is a no-go. For reference, my waist is 32" and my leg band measurement is 23".

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    Ditto, I've been on the lookout for where I'm gonna buy my first Cloth padding. I'm still very worried about the size specifications however. I know I can just measure myself and purchase accordingly, but I've heard of people who have taken proper precautions and found their fit to not match to the website's sizing charts. Then of course you can't just send them back, you're left screwed with either something too big or too small.
    Yeah, this is an issue and it was on my mind before I made the purchase. The best you can do is to pick the most likely size, just order one to try (be sure to wash/dry cloth diapers on high a couple times--they do shrink), and then make your decision to place a bigger order or not. On the plus side, if the pre-fold is too small, it'll make an excellent stuffer. If it's too large, it can be folded down lengthwise and pinned tighter around the waist--it will just be bulky (suitable for a nighttime diaper).

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    On the other hand, some of these companies that sell cloth diapers aim directly to the neurosensory issues of those who have special needs. They seem to have a reasonable understanding of their audience. Note that the colors and patterns of the outer garments, while inviting and cute, are not insulting or degrading in any way that I know of, and they certainly don't appear to play on the fetish scene directly. The buyer is left to their own discretion, while those with disabilities are especially welcome. This is indeed some good news for once.
    Agreed.

But I will say that, for some reason, I feel a little bad when purchasing products intended for those with a legitimate issue. I tell myself that my money is just the same to the company, but for some reason I feel a little... deceitful. I dunno...